Job Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department: Civil Division Reports to: Division Chief/Unit Supervisor
Location: The Justice Center, 8th floor Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
1200 Ontario Street Monday - Friday
Cleveland, Ohio 44113 (variable shift/hours may apply)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience handling civil matters.
FUNCTION: Civil Assistant Prosecutors represent Cuyahoga County boards, commissions, officials, officers, and employees in civil matters, including but not limited to litigation and transactional matters.
- Represent and advise the County, its elected officials and various departments, agencies, boards and commissions of Cuyahoga County;
- Handle select civil litigation in actions for alleged civil rights violations; civil tort actions; contract disputes; and labor and employment matters;
- Provide legal advice to County officials, boards and commissions on all legal matters affecting county government, including general legal compliance, labor and employment matters, land acquisition and sales, contract negotiation;
- Represent county officials, county agencies, and county employees in specialized litigation;
- Advise and represent boards of township trustees on wide variety of matters, including land use and zoning matters; and
- Perform all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney as well as those prescribed by law.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be available to meet and work outside the normal working hours for trial preparation;
- Preferred experience representing local governments.
- Preferred five (5) years of experience in handling transactional matters.
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills and requisite understanding of relevant law and regulations;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, and three professional references via the online application process at:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
Visit our website: http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/