ASSISTANT QC SCIENTIST
Perform Quality Control testing for in-process, release, and stability in a cGMP environment. It is preferred that the candidate have analytical experience with ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, IEF and/or cell culture. The successful candidate may also perform other key activities such as data review, ensuring laboratory cGMP compliance is maintained, execution of technical transfer and co-validation activities, instrumentation verification/preventative maintenance, assisting with laboratory investigations, writing procedures and technical documents as required, and providing communication of business critical information to operations and Quality Control management. The candidate must be self-directed with a high degree of professional integrity, highly organized, and detailed-oriented. This is a first shift position, but may include occasional 2nd shift and weekend support.
- Minimum BS degree in scientific area with minimum of 1 year relevant experience and be able to demonstrate theoretical understanding of scientific area of study.
- Demonstrate problem solving ability, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize objectives from multiple projects, adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Contribute to a team based, collaborative, and positive environment, clarity of purpose and high commitment to business goals.
- Frequent repeated motions such as pipetting, lifting, bending, twisting, squatting, crouching, kneeling, climbing on step-stools, and reaching is required. This role also requires frequent unassisted lifting (not to exceed 50 lbs.). Repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists and grasping is also required. Depending on the work demands, office-based work requires sitting.
- This position is a lab-based position which requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). This role will require contact with biohazardous materials such as live cell cultures and other hazardous chemicals including mercaptoethanol, acids, and caustics. The extreme temperatures related to Liquid Nitrogen and Autoclaves are also required for this role. Instrumentation utilized in the work environment includes lasers. This position is based indoors and primarily involves working with others, but also independently and alone at times. This position is a team-based position that may require shift work, weekends, and holidays. .
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Larry: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-01575
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE