Job ID: 144986
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Assist in managing a companywide quality assurance plan, a laboratory quality system plan, a training program, and quality assurance staff to ensure hot mix asphalt (HMA) and component materials comply with the applicable specifications. Conduct research and review the research of others to improve the company’s product quality and profitability. This position may include night work, and usually involves overtime. Duties are performed under limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in collection and analyzing aggregate and HMA production data and construction data. Recommend appropriate adjustments to production and construction staff to bring process into compliance with applicable standards and follow-up on actions taken to ensure anticipated results are obtained.
- HMA Mixture Design: assist in development of design gradation, determination of optimum PGB content using either the Superpave or Marshall methods with consideration given to aggregate demand, costs, and feasibility.
- Report any quality defects to the Quality Manager.
- Investigate any reports of low quality work.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings with project team.
- Evaluate possible quality issues of the job sites.
- Develops, implements and evaluates programs and procedures to ensure quality.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual
- Strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Interviewing and hiring process as necessary.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Willingness to develop subordinates’ technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Appraising performance, including annual evaluations and new employee 60-day evaluations.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Lead by example.
- Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.E.) from a four year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NETTCP certified in HMA Plant and/or Paving Technician Classification preferred.
- Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and ASSHTO standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and mechanics of an asphalt plant. Knowledge of safety, the environment and transportation.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond accordingly.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by OSHA and state agencies. Protective equipment that is required for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, safety vest/high visibility clothing for any work in the field, and hearing protection.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, works outside in conditions that may be cold and icy, and exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
P.J. Keating Company proudly supports Affirmative Action, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. P.J. Keating is a drug-free work environment.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.