Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission:To entertain the human race.
- Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division, MGM Grand, and the Ambra Italian Kitchen and Bar brand standard
- Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability for MGM Grand and Ambra Italian Kitchen and Bar
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within the assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Maintains a working relationship with the Culinary Union; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Respond to unusual events or circumstances requiring high-level management attention and informs the Director of Restaurants, and General Manager of situations requiring his/her attention
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action
- Ensure the guests' special culinary requests are met
- Make daily floor plans per shift to ensure proper rotation and coverage of stations
- Train employees in the performance of their duties
- Supervise floor service in dining rooms during hours of operation
- Delegate responsibilities to employees and supervise tasks to completion, correctly and on time
- Supervise staff activities, ways of access and egress to ensure complete compliance with Health Department and Fire Marshall Regulations
- Perform employee evaluations and manage all issues related to attendance records and Workday in general
- Discipline or commend employees following departmental rules and complying with the Culinary Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Maintain communication with the Executive Chef on all foodservice and menu issues
- Perform all other job related duties as requested
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 3 years of service experience in a similar dining environment.
- At least 1 year of management-related work experience.
- Working knowledge of all beverage product, menu items, and equipment used to perform these duties.
- Working knowledge about all health and safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of beverage and wine service.
- Working knowledge of several POS system.
- Working knowledge of kitchen operations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
*This is not an official job description for this position and is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.