We are seeking a Retail Assistant Manager in our Adult-Use Cannabis Dispensary located in East Boston. The Assistant Manager is tasked with the balance of monitoring and developing the guest experience, assisting with overseeing the daily operations of the dispensary as well as managing and supporting staff. The Assistant Manager works closely with the Retail Manager on all operations, communications and staff management. All efforts and actions are to adhere to company policy, state regulations and work within the vision outlined by the store manager and the senior leadership team.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn about cannabis science and the cannabis industry. Previous industry experience is valued
- Experience in retail or hospitality management is required.
- Efficient with both verbal and written communication. Bi-lingual skills in Spanish is strongly preferred but not required. Capability to work with translation apps as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in a challenging, constantly changing start-up environment.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize while working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions.
- Mathematical aptitude, ensuring strong attention to detail and data.
- Experience with POS systems and proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent customer service both in-person and virtually with a diverse customer base.
- Strong leadership and management skills including experience with managing 10+ employees per shift.
Specific Operational Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and foster efficient and ongoing communication amongst all floor staff as well as management. Aid in communicating new product information, policy updates, overall retail performance and goals, etc.
- Work with Store Manager and the Community Outreach and Training Manager to assist staff on selling procedures and strategies to help achieve sales goals
- Ensure all daily actions are compliant with state and local regulations. Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including patron records, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of MA, CCC, Privacy Standards, and standards set forth by Berkshire Roots, Inc.
- Maintain high standards of merchandising presentation and store signage to maximize sales. Ensures the cleanliness, orderliness and neatness of store.
- Identifying and addressing sales and product discrepancies.
- Troubleshooting computer and payment system issues arising on sales floor. Handle complex register transactions (voids and exchanges) with accuracy and discretion, as needed.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork, including opening and closing paperwork and customer records are properly recorded and maintained.
- Accounting for all the days’ payments; cash and debit, accurately communicating and recording all discrepancies. Closing all drawers and payments as specified and preparing the retail drawers for the next day’s activities
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints. Ability to handle difficult person(s) (either staff or customers)
- Actively monitoring situations and addressing matters to prevent loss or diversion.
- Must have regular and on-time attendance, able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, and holiday shifts, including overtime as needed)
- Must be 21 years old, and have valid identification
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position including standing/moving throughout the duration of shifts and lifting packages up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism and personal hygiene
This is a full-time position located at our adult-use cannabis dispensary located in East Boston.
To apply, forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why us? Berkshire Roots is a leading cannabis purveyor in Massachusetts, home to the largest indoor cannabis grow space in the Berkshires. We’ve been bringing wellness to our community with cannabis since 2018 and recently opened a second dispensary in East Boston. We support our community through volunteering, donations to local nonprofits and creating jobs.
Berkshire Roots, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We value an innovative and collaborative culture, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visit berkshireroots.com to learn more.