Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Retail Operations Specialist for the energy industry in Honolulu, HI.
ASSISTANT RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER #17630
Operations | Retail | Customer Service | Analytics | Merchandising | Marketing | Finance | Pricebook | Relationship Management | Strategic Initiatives
Are passionate about running a daily operation smoothly from start to finish? Do you consider yourself to be extremely proficient in compiling analytical metrics? Motivated by making data-based decisions? Do you consider yourself to be a jack of all trades?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
This position will report directly to the Retail Operations Manager. Desired competencies include: proven administrative, project and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Must be customer service orientated. Ideal candidate must be able to establish priorities under tight deadlines and have a proven track record as a motivated, self starter who can work on multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure proper execution of merchandising plan including promotions, in-store merchandising, point of purchase materials, and analysis of promotional results.
- Work with Store Managers on operational issues including safety, security, regulatory compliance, sales, operations, labor scheduling process, safe food handling and quality control.
- Troubleshoot item scan errors by working with Station Managers and PDI Support services to resolve
- Establish retail prices for new items using targeted category margins.
- Pull monthly station and as-needed ad hoc reports and distributes to key stakeholders including station managers and account managers.
- Complete new-vendor setup by sending and receiving account information between parties (IES, new vendor, and PDI).
- Work with category managers to identify monthly product promotions and customer service programs. Sets promotional prices and periods.
- Order station signage, hardware, other business-related items and in-store equipment replacement as needed and coordinates installation with maintenance department.
- Prepare, print and distribute in-store promotional signage to stations as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining operational compliance for all permits, licenses, certifications and training.
- Ensure all station compliance documentation received on time and reviews for any questionable events.
- Assist with responding to and resolving customer complaints.
- Conduct station inventory and compliance audits.
- Coordinate hiring, customer appreciation, credit card solicitation and other promotional events.
- Conducts data analysis of station trade areas, competitors, and customers.
- Special projects as directed by the Retail Operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Five to ten years of Project Coordinator, Analyst, C-Store operations experience.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
• Proven experience dealing with confidential and proprietary information.
• Ability to execute, modify and implement business programs.
• Ability to analyze sale trends, financial performance, market dynamics and industry trends to improve profitability of business units.
• Valid driver’ s license in good standing. Frequently drives to various station locations and off-site meetings.
• Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
• Retail or Manufacturing industry background. Overall knowledge of retail store operations and merchandising is desirable.
• Ability to use/learn PDI (retail inventory software program).
• Project management experience is desirable.
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran