HOURLY RATES: (19-20 SY) D1 - $17.15 **Hourly rate subject to change based on board approval: effective July 1, 2019.**
This position is for an Assistant Secretary Substitute Pool for the District with varying shifts and duties for the 2019-2020 school year. Jobs can be at any school in the District and can range in hours. Your application will be screened and if you are selected, you will be notified on the next steps by Human Resources.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs in one or more of a variety of school clerical or district office support environments. Activities may include but are not limited to front office operations, reception activities, student attendance reporting, counseling services support, special education and/or district office or department support, and English language development support.Initial wage placement according to NCSD/OSEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Retirement Plan Contributions
North Clackamas School District participates in the Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS and OPSRP) on behalf of its employees. The district contributes the employer portion; there is also a mandatory employee portion. Upon eligibility, which is defined as working at least six full calendar months in a qualifying position, the employee is required to contribute 6% to their employee portion, via payroll deduction. Part-time employees working at least six months and 600 hours in a calendar year will qualify.
Incumbents must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population. Demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural, ethnic, gender, and religious diversity of students, staff, parents, and community.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must possess basic clerical skills including typing and filing, and must possess knowledge of basic office equipment and technology and keyboarding skills of at least 40 words per minute.
- First Aid, CPR and defibrillator training may be required.
- Knowledge of general secretarial procedures including excellent grammar and proofing skills, and the ability to organize, maintain accurate and reliable records and data.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with frequent interruptions requiring the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work while responding to interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to interact with students, parents, staff, and community members, personally, telephonically, and through electronic communications, in a warm and confident manner.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal direction; sound judgment and decision making capabilities are essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all school and personnel matters.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (depending on specific assignment):
- Secretarial support: performs a wide range of general office administrator and clerical tasks. Prepares, maintains, and assists in disposition of files and records. Inputs, operates, and maintains electronic data bases and files as assigned. Assist in preparation and distribution of mail, bulletins, special materials. Answers telephones, directly assist or routes callers to the proper office/person, and make calls to parents and community members. Enters and updates computer records. Assists students, teachers, parents, volunteers and community members as needed. May perform bookkeeping functions in accordance to district and department policy and procedures to include but not limited to: collecting local school funds, student funds, administering impress funds. Maintains and manages student funds and records; receives money for fees, maintains collection record, verifies and balances receipts, prepares and makes bank deposits, trial balances and financial statements for transmittal to central office, keeps revolving fund records according to district standards. Coordinates with building fiscal clerk/bookkeeper when assigned. May have access to and responsibility for the use and/or reconciliation of district credit cards. Maintains building and department inventory records and supply orders; prepares requisitions, checks in merchandise, and arranges for purchase order payment; prepares budget and purchasing reports for administration and department heads as needed. Operates, maintains office equipment and is skilled in the use of such equipment, and may make service calls.
- Student Attendance/Transportation: types, maintains, files and records student registration or attendance data. Reports attendance data and refers attendance problems to the designated administrator. Answers telephone and make calls pertaining to attendance and school bus transportation coordination. Enters and updates student data in the computer. Assists students, teachers and parents with attendance questions and issues. Prepare and mail letters and forms. Processes truancy referrals by contacting students and parents.
- Student Registration: Registers all new students, making sure all appropriate paperwork and data entry is completed, all affected personnel are informed, and all information is input into the computer system. Updates, audits, and maintains accuracy of student verification/demographic forms. Ensures students live in attendance area and if not, that all required paperwork for boundary exceptions are completed and on file. Schedule enrollment related appointments and confirm attendees.
- Educational Staff Support: May assist the school counselor(s), school psychologist, school nurse, and other specialized staff by providing school program organization, secretarial and other various support services. Promotes positive public relations for the office, the school, and the district. May provide assistance with student supervision. Oversees student safety by such activities as recess and playground supervision, bus duty, crossing guard duty, hallway supervision, in-school detention, etc. May provide testing coordination, data collection and record keeping. May coordinate and process program and school field trips.
- Publication & Events Support: Secretarial support includes scheduling, publishing newsletters, planning and supporting graduation processes and materials at the secondary level and ceremonies at the school level, distributing and assisting with testing information and scheduling, and provides school orientation to students, parents, and community members. May create graphic design of digital media and print materials for the school/program. May serve as web master by monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and updating the school website.
- Student Records. Receives, maintains and forwards permanent student records for new and withdrawing students according to District standards. May assist with the review and processing of incoming transfer credits for evaluation according to course credit policies. Enters, updates, and maintains confidential student personnel data and computer records in accordance with district standards. Maintains security of and access to the computer data system; inputs and reports data on student attendance, grades, transcript changes, and special education programs; orders and maintains student rosters and class schedules; maintains and reports daily student enrollment and classroom counts; prepares and generates self-designed custom reports for administrators, staff, and PTA; prepares reports on ethnicity, accreditations, and class rank; maintains records with regard to inter/intra district transfers. May prepare, order, distribute, and proof information for student progress/report card; student assessment data and reporting, maintains teacher comment codes; distributes finalized student progress/report cards to teachers or mails report cards home to students.
- Scheduling and Enrollment Support. May assist counselors and administration in designing master class schedule by providing course codes for each class, teacher numbers, staff FTE, section numbers, class counts, new courses, and noted changes; distributes class registration packets to incoming students; processes information returned on student enrollment, immunization, and records; reviews conflicts and finds alternative classes; maintains data on master schedule throughout the school year. May assist with course description handbook and translates transcripts.
- Secondary ASB Support. Keep appropriate account records of ASB bookkeeping, purchase orders, invoices, and master activity calendars; prepare schedules, appointments and budget. Follow district’s procedures for the procurement of supplies, equipment, printing, maintenance services, etc. Prepare monthly statements for ASB Club Advisors and coaches. Maintain athletic eligibility records and other miscellaneous duties related to athletic events.
- Health Room Management. Maintains health room in the absence of the nurse. Serves as building contact with parents/students. Performs minor first aid. Maintains health room records concerning student injuries and medications. Maintains, secures and delivers student medication according to protocols. Determines appropriate action based on protocols and evaluation. Acts as primary communication liaison with parent(s) when student is ill and communicates student attendance procedures regarding district health and safety standards. Updates nurse staff with health room information and communications.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Please refer to the job description for more detailed information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace.
North Clackamas School District policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preferences as required by law.
The North Clackamas School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, or age in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to designated youth groups such as the Boy Scouts. The following position has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination: Title IX Coordinator, 12400 SE Freeman Way, Milwaukie, OR 97222, 503.353.6128.