Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €65.2 billion, the company owns and operates 93 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €11.9 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative Assistant Shopping Center Manager (ASCM) with a proven track record of making visions a practical reality.
In the role of the Santa Anita ASCM, you will work closely with the Shopping Center Manager to create and foster unforgettable customer experiences. To ensure URW provides optimal experiences, the facility needs to be operationally & financially sound but you also need to create an engaging environment with creative amenities and programs to meet the evolving demands of today’s consumers. You will partner closely with tenants, various city departments, non-profits, and local businesses. Your motto in this role is, “Delivering World Class Shopping Experiences”.
We are looking for an ASCM with:
- Demonstrated leadership experience with an ability to influence all levels
- A global perspective with the ability to translate to local market
- An inspiring mentor and team player who will strengthen the skills of those they supervise
- An ability to think strategically but also execute tactically
- A high customer orientation
- Superior communication skills
- High detail orientation as you will review contracts, inspect the facility for deficiencies, and review the work of other team members
- Strong financial acumen to prepare annual budgets, review monthly profit & loss statements, assist with monthly collections of receivables as needed
· A.A., B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
· Standing up to 8 hours a day
· Walking up to 8 hours a day
· Lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds for at least 15 minutes at a time
· Using a telephone
· Communicating verbally in person and on the telephone
· Bending up to 4 hours a day
· Working outdoors up to 8 hours a day
· Ability to climb ladders and stairs
· Ability to use a computer
· Ability to multi task
If you have specific experience in retail, hospitality, or tourism, be sure to tell us! And if you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
URW is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.