Job ID: 161102
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is looking for a candidate to lead people toward a common goal with an entrepreneurial spirit to oversee all aspects of a fast paced lawn & garden products manufacturing. This facility is comprised of taking in raw materials, processing and packaging the materials for mulch and soils. Daily duties include monitoring key metrics, safety, production flow and material costs. In this role, the Assistant Site Manager will have accountability for bottom line results.
- Providing exceptional leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities to ensure safety, product quality and consistency
- Ensuring workplace safety through implementation, adherence and enforcement of company business standards, as well as safety and development programs
- Implementing process improvement methods and ensuring non-stop production in an effective, safe and profitable manner
- Negotiating cost with raw material suppliers and scheduling raw material delivery to meet business and production build schedules
- Accountability for inventory management, labor and cost controls
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 2 or 4 year degree, and/or equivalent combination(s) of education, industry experience and training
- 2+ years manufacturing management experience
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills
- Must have intermediate MS Office skills
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.