Lehigh Technical & Professional Service is a leading staffing agency dating back to the 1950's. We specialize in temporary and direct hire positions in the fields of: IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting and Administrative. We are currently partnering with a leading NYS, Government organization in their need to add a Site Safety Inspector on a consulting, contract basis with opportunity to become a direct hire employee.
Site Safety Field Inspector:
Contingent Safety Inspector position. The candidate will be a field based Contingent Safety Inspector in the 5 Boroughs, reporting to a designated Managing Inspector. The duties include assuring all projects comply with all Federal, NY State, NY City DOB Safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct unannounced site-specific safety compliance inspections on all assigned projects. Inspections will include a review of all relevant site documentation, a physical inspection of the active work site area including; staging, storage, roofs, scaffold, sidewalk bridging, and areas with public protection to verify that applicable safety rules, regulations and code compliance is implemented. Additionally, they will identify and communicate any site safety deficiencies and recommendations to the appropriate contractor site personnel and the Project Officer to ensure compliance.
- Provide daily written Safety Inspection Reports with photos (of deficiencies and /or site conditions).
- When warranted, Issue Stop Work Orders to the Contractor to cease any operation(s) which pose an imminent danger to workers, occupants, or pedestrians.
- Conduct special inspections and respond as necessary to emergencies, accidents, incidents, complaints, and severe weather.
- Attend protocol and pre-construction meetings.
- Participate in the implementation of safety training as required.
- A high school or general education diploma from an accredited program.
- Active New York City Site Safety Manager's license, or a satisfactory combination of education and experience and commitment to pursue the license. i.e., 40-hour site safety certificate OR
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety Certification
- A minimum of three years performing NYC construction safety inspections.
- Scaffolding experience a major plus
- Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lehigh Technical is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.