LOCATION: Parker's #38 - 1286 Fording Island Road, Bluffton South Carolina, 29910
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Responsible to operate the store in the absence of the store manager.
Store Financial Performance
- Make certain store display set up is in accordance with plan-o-grams and merchandising requirements by the company
- Collect and forward competitive activity to the District Sales Leader within established deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining fuel pricing compliance standards to ensure competitive pricing.
- Assure proper ringing, reporting, and accounting of all sales, including merchandise, gasoline, lottery, coupons, and gift cards.
- Timely execution of marketing promotions and price changes.
- Interact with and motivate the team to drive sales plans, programs and promotions to meet store objectives.
- Utilize company systems and procedures designed to control expenses and manage inventory.
- Follow established par levels for all products when ordering. It does not permit vendors to deliver more than the amounts requested.
- Verify quantity and quality of products being delivered does not accept damaged, spoiled or out of date product.
- Manage labor and staffing levels during each shift to ensure great customer service while maintaining a predetermined labor budget.
- Complete daily reports and review daily close reports for accuracy.
- Make daily bank deposits, change orders, loading of safe and ATM.
- Complete assigned tasks within established deadlines and maintains commitments.
- Conduct inventory counts as requested by the company to help reduce shrink levels.
- Monitor promos, voids, and waste throughout each shift.
- Ensure that excellent standards for customer service, merchandising, operational safety and security are met during each shift.
- Lead by example with a positive and respectful attitude toward others.
- Support the team with a hands-on management style and leads with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Keep restrooms clean and sanitized (toilets, sinks, counters, floors, and mirrors); stocks paper products.
- Assist team members as needed; stays productive during each shift, make good use of time.
- Complete fuel surveys and bank deposits as necessary, while on duty.
- Complete and delegate shift checklists, daily side work, store walks and cleaning projects and ensures the completion of tasks.
- Make certain store shelves, coolers, freezers, and displays are fully stocked, rotated and fronted at all times; prevents out of stocks.
- Maintain clean beverage, condiment and surrounding areas. Sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking all necessary supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness of retail and work areas, including storage areas.
- Make certain isles and walkways are cleared at all times in compliance with ADA Title III requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness of gas pumps and makes certain pump toppers, rind strips and column signs are clean, current and posted throughout each shift.
- Make certain outside lights, canopy lights, pumps, and air machine are clean and in good working condition.
- Monitor and empty trash containers when ¾ of the way full
- Create great “curb appeal” by keeping parking lot, walkways, landscaping, and grounds free from weeds, litter, and debris.
- Adheres to company safety and security practices at all times; ensures the use of wet floor signs as needed.
- Eat and drinks in a designated area of the store away from guest view, food preparation areas, registers, and electronic equipment; hold employees accountable to do the same.
- Follow instructions and completes reasonable projects or tasks as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Complete responsibilities within established deadlines and maintains commitments.
- Lead by example and train employees to suggestively sell weekly and monthly promotions, food and beverage specials.
- Assist customers, answer questions and resolve complaints.
- Make certain all products in the store have an accurate price displayed.
- Lead by example by acknowledging and greeting all customers as they enter the store.
- Interact with guests in a respectful, courteous manner, creating a friendly atmosphere.
- Assure fresh, hot coffee and beverages are available at all times.
- Aid and assist customers at self-serve islands as needed.
Food Service/Deli Responsibilities
- Work with Food Service Manager to ensure company expectations are met within the deli department.
- Hold employees accountable to frequently wash hands and wear gloves when handling ready to eat food.
- Ensure clean, organized food preparation areas and swept floors.
- Hold employees accountable to wear hair restraints and non-slip shoes for every shift.
Maintains communication with employees and management
- Speaks honestly and acts with integrity at all times.
- Effectively communicate procedures, promotions and new products to employees.
- Maintain and keep employee communication board current.
- Proactively makes employees aware of weekly schedule changes and confirms the accuracy of hours worked.
- Address employee concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Earn the trust of the others through open, honest communication and good follow-through.
- Immediately report all safety issues, incidents, and maintenance needs to immediate supervisor.
Coaching development, performance and morale of management teams and staff
- Provide personal recognition of employees to recognize their contributions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Make certain employee applications, interview guides, reference check forms, and all other personnel information are kept in a secured location.
- Complete pre-screen and reference checks as requested by management.
- Utilizes established company programs while training employees.
- Supervise employees during each shift and provides constructive feedback to improve performance levels.
- Promote a solid customer service culture by providing hands-on leadership. Maintains visibility in the store during the shift.
- Provides a leadership climate that promotes fair and consistent application of company policies and procedures.
Compliance to company standards, systems, procedures, and policies
- Responsible to ensure all employees are clocked in while on duty and prior to performing any work duties.
- Adhere to federal, state and local laws regarding alcohol and tobacco sales and hold employees accountable to do the same.
- Maintain working knowledge of policies in the employee handbook.
- Instruct employees to maintain clear isles and walkways in compliance with ADA Title III requirements.
- Accountable to act with integrity, adhere to company expectations of performance and behavior; abide by work rules and demonstrates high standards of moral and ethical conduct at all times.
- Abide by company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook and Training Materials.
- Make certain company safety, robbery prevention and security procedures are communicated and practiced by all employees while performing their work duties.
- Lead by example with excellent personal appearance, uniform, and personal hygiene standards.
- Properly use chemicals when cleaning and complies with SDS regulations and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled; enforces company time and attendance policy.
- May not sign contracts on behalf of the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information, is forthcoming in reporting all policy and procedural violations and any wrongdoing Management or Human Resources.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior management experience in retail operations or experience within Parker’s.
- Must maintain a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Successful completion of age-restricted alcohol and tobacco sales training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to provide excellence in service; perform basic mathematical calculations, read and write, understand and follow instructions.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
- Must have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy environment
- Responsible, dependable, and adaptable to change.
- Assistant Managers are scheduled a variable 5 days, 40 hour work week, or as business necessitates due to employee call-outs or sales volume.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of a retail management position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length – Varies – 8 to 10-hour shifts
- Flooring and Lighting – Cement, tile, textured flooring, and fluorescent lighting
- Environment – Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise