The Assistant Store Manager is to be the right hand leader to the Store Manager – through them, anything is possible! Together they are responsible for the daily operations, success, customer service and team engagement of the store. Similar to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager individually coaches, develops and inspires the team so everyone is aligned with JOANN’s mission and vision. This Team Member also demonstrates the leadership and potential equivalent to a Store Manager and guides the team with confidence and passion!
- Develops long-lasting customer relationships by identifying and anticipating customers’ needs
- Connects with the greater community and acts as a brand ambassador for JOANN
- Motivates, coaches, and inspires the team and ensures they are the best possible brand ambassadors
- Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new merchandise and trends
- Continually stays informed on industry trends and seeks out ways to stay relevant in the marketplace
- Able to cope with change and shift direction as needed
- Drives sales by continually analyzing reports and identifying trends. Creates strategies to achieve both individual and store goals
- Utilizes the FAST model to consistently deliver sales plan and company objective
- Mentors and inspires the team to enhance the overall store’s performance
- Creates a model for continuous learning while promoting teamwork and appreciation throughout the team
- Develops in-store talent by creating succession plans and effectively managing performance
- Networks, recruits, hires to staffing needs, and trains team members using the onboarding tools provided
- Communicates new initiatives, leadership messages, and promotions
- Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and procedures
- Coaches and inspires the team to drive sales by exceeding customer expectations
- Builds strategic plans and provides the necessary tools for the team to achieve KPIs
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plans available!
- Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability!
- Qualified to participate in JOANN’s 401(k) Retirement Plan with an employer % match!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Team Member Discount, including double discount days!
- Must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of progressive retail management experience
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays