SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This position works collaboratively with the store manager to oversee the general day-to-day business operation for an assigned NAPA store. Helps manage company store operations to generate increased return on investment, improve market penetration, and provide superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
- Assists the store manager in overseeing the general day-to-day business operation for an assigned NAPA store.
- Assists with store growth plan development, planning, and implementation.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, implementing, and tracking employees’ professional development activities.
- Ensures both retail and wholesale customer service is maintained at a high level.
- Helps recruit, orient and develop new store personnel to fill delivery, counter sales, and other positions.
- Helps to ensure that key processes and all standard operating procedures established by the company are in place.
- Helps to advise store personnel in all aspects of store operations, including asset protection processes.
- May assist with scheduling, coaching, training, and developing of store personnel.
- Assists in the development, updating, and execution of annual budgets and action plans.
- Assists with communicating company expectations through actions, coaching and written instructions to all employees.
- Helps maintain professional appearance and image for store and personnel.
- Reviews monthly financials with the store manager; understands sales, gross margin opportunities, and expense control.
- May make sales calls where appropriate with the store manager, sales professionals, and/or manufacturer representatives.
- Help provide direction/guidance on how to build new accounts and expand existing customers.
- Help conduct risk assessments and reports on readiness, risk levels and mitigation plans.
- Collaborates with the store manager to oversee in-store staff affect and customer relations efforts.
- Perform other assignments and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- Previous retail sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Ability to process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Proficient understanding of the counter sales associate position.
- Proficient understanding/adherence to Dyna Parts’ standard operating procedures.
- Must be promotable to the store manager position; willing to relocate within region.
- Must be able to assume manager responsibilities in manager absence; sound decision making ability.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly, listen attentively, and understand others as well as ability to give and receive instructions via telephone, computer messages, face-to-face, and in writing.
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The Company maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review, and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.