Is shopping with your 4-legged family member a tail waggin' good time? Do you believe carry out isn't just about pizza, it's for bags of kibble to? If you're the leader of the pack and enjoy providing products and services that enrich pets' lives, then come work in our neighborhood!
As Assistant Store Team Leader at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- help your store team by example – including, but definitely not limited to, greeting a neighbor and their new puppy when they enter the store
- recognize the local pug rescue coordinator and offer to host the next adoption event
- join the conversation when you hear a team member assisting a neighbor in choosing between three very good natural dog food brands
- analyze your store sales results and develop plans to maximize sales, neighbor engagement and productivity in partnership with the Store Team Leader.
- create a fun, positive environment for the team and your neighbors; and a reputation for neighborly, knowledgeable, trustworthy, petcentric service in your neighborhood
...all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you're more than that. You're PAWsome.
Assistant Store Team Leader key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the operational management of the stores.
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (cleanliness, animal care, safety and security) that ensure exceptional service is provided to our neighbors.
- Assisting in promoting team member engagement and morale by understanding individual motivation and needs, recognizing and rewarding successful performance, and helping them achieve career goals.
- Assist in maintaining a fully staffed team and supports recruiting and onboarding.
- Cultivating a learning culture by providing exceptional onboarding and development opportunities, along with coaching and feedback to team members.
- Connecting with community organizations to partner on events and marketing opportunities.
PAWsome Assistant Store Team Leader candidates will have:
- 2+ years of experience leading a retail team.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge is a must, as well as good communication skills.
- Ability to operate all equipment, including a forklift, to run the store is important, as well as being able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be heavy!).
- Ability to work flexible schedules, have reliable transportation, and must pass the drug test and be 18 years or older.
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 500 locations in 34 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 46 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2019 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.