Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and EBITDA results. Assess daily the stores' ability to meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, cleanliness, food safety and regulatory compliance. Assist with coaching and development of store associates through both formal and informal interactions. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Assist store manager and associates in the acheivement of a favorable customer shopping experience and associate interest in customer service/relations enhancing Kroger's reputation as the best merchant in the retail food industry.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and associates to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans.
- Achieve/exceed weekly, period, and annual sales, wage budgets and profit budgets, and other targeted goals.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each store department's contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions to include developing budgets and other targeted goals with store associates.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the district and division.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals and ensure implementation, and execution of division merchandising plans.
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in the surrounding area in which the store operates.
- Assist in building a proactive and productive relationship with union representatives and business agents, if the store is covered by a collectively bargaining agreement.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans/programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and associates on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensure associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent
- Have successfully completed the applicable Division Management Training Program.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Retail experience
- Financial responsibility including budget preparation and management
- Bachelor's degree
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Cincinnati || 150 Tri County Pkwy || 45246 || Kroger Stores || None || Management || Employee || Exempt|| Full-Time || None