We don't just sell sports gear. Rally House is a specialty sports boutique offering the greatest selection of apparel, sporting local NCAA, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and MLS teams that's both fashion forward and perfect for the big game. Our stores offer carefully-curated clothing, exclusive gifts, and local novelties fit for any fan. We encourage our team to show their team spirit, so customers feel welcome to strike up a conversation about their favorite team, the latest game or even their favorite rivalry! We want to be more than just another sports store, and our team helps us stand apart from the competition.
Our stores offer a friendly environment and comfortable shopping experience, with associates dedicated to helping customers find the perfect new item to represent their favorite team. Rally House is committed to truly connecting with patrons to offer exceptional service from the moment they step into one of our local stores.
Assistant Managers are in charge of training the staff on company sales standards and providing Sales Associates with weekly goal projections based off of weekly store projections. The Assistant Manager will track all Sales Associates progress with coaching logs. They are in charge of keeping the sales floor presentable and delegating daily projects to Sales Associates. Assistant Managers must be focused, nurturing, ability to train others, enthusiastic attitude and be detail orientated. They will assist the Store Manager in Operations. (i.e. adjusts, payroll, defects, transfers, action memos, direct all activities required to achieve store goals, including sales objectives, customer service, mentoring and retention of sales staff, and loss prevention, and merchandising.)
This position is designed to provide participants with accelerated advancement opportunities within the company. Pending a positive review by the Store Manager and District Manager, Assistant Store Managers are eligible to apply for a Store Manager position. Employees who follow this career path will receive the first opportunity to interview for available positions in the Corporate Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales: Proven ability to generate sales, add-on and develop and direct the sales team
- Human Resources: Proven ability to interview, select and develop sales team
- Client Service: Ability to function as a role model, ensuring that the client remains the top priority
- Organization: Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines and follow-up on all activities within the store
- Leadership: Proven ability to challenge and motivate the management team and associates in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability to implement and substitute within guidelines
- Communication: Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills to store team, Operations Managers, District Manager, Corporate Office and Store Associates
- 2-4 years of retail clothing experience
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Training and Coaching experience
Rally House is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer