Lovesac has an entrepreneurial spirit within its walls. It's innovative and exciting. Our products and our people are one of a kind. We are changing the way people think about furniture. While embarking upon a career with us; you will work within an interdependent team of passionate professionals collaborating to exceed expectations in all facets of our growing business.
Voted by Furniture Today Magazine into the Top 100 Growing Furniture Company; we are excited about the future!!
At Lovesac, we believe you should be free to live the life you love. As an Assistant Store Manager, you are responsible to deliver sales results for the store. You have a passion for our product and our customers, creating a unique experience for them. An Assistant Store Manager in partnership with the Store Manager assists with training sales associates, operations, merchandising, inventory, expense control, and shrink.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Is responsible to meet or exceed financial individual and team sales goals and key performance indicators for the store
- Assists with consistent store operations to meet or exceed sales goals
- Helps to train store team to meet or exceed financial goals through the execution of Lovesac’s proprietary selling process to deliver sales results consistently
- Resolves issues to the customer’s satisfaction working in collaborative partnership with Store manager and follows up with the customer on order tracking and updates
- Ensures and maintains inventory integrity and accuracy protecting company assets at all times
- Directs the execution of promotional campaigns including product placement and marketing
- Ensures store merchandising standards are maintained (i.e., merchandising visuals, marketing, cleanliness, appropriate inventory levels, backroom organization, cleanliness, safety, etc.) in accordance with Company operating policies and procedures
- Processes POS transactions (i.e., sales, returns and exchanges) in accordance with company policies and provides accurate information to clients
- Maintains a calm demeanor and manages issues professionally in accordance with our Company standards
- Acts with integrity and trust, modeling professional behavior towards our employees, peers customers in accordance with the core values of our company
Requirements & Qualifications:
An external candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or related retail management experience of at least 2 years; luxury retail or furniture experience is preferred. An internal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience as a sales associate in a furniture or luxury retail environment.
An Assistant Store Manager uses product knowledge to drive and achieve sales results independently and with the store team. You must build rapport with both customers and the store team and act always with the customer in mind. An Assistant Store Manager sets correct priorities and quickly adapts and embraces to a changing business environment; multi-tasking with the appropriate level of urgency. You pay attention to detail and listen to ensure understanding so you can solve problems and communicate to gain the trust of the team and customers. An Assistant Store Manager supports and ensures an employee-centric environment, through teaching and managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager to coach and consistently apply company processes. You respect customers and comply at all times with the standards, procedures and policies contained in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
An Assistant Store Manager must:
- Be capable of using and operating all store equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, POS systems, etc.;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and have excellent and clear communication skills;
- Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position while working on the selling floor;
- Expected to work a minimum of 3 weekends per month (Sat and Sun) due to the nature of our business unless otherwise approved. An Assistant Store Manager is also expected to work two closing shifts per week, one of those closing shifts is expected to include a Friday or Saturday
- Be able to perform furniture assembly demonstrations repeatedly throughout the day;
- Be able to assemble furniture.
An Assistant Store Manager is required to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, to customers’ homes, out of town meetings in accordance with company policies potentially using various forms of transportation. An Assistant Store Manager must have a valid driver’s license.
Unless otherwise provided by law or unless excused as a result of a reasonable accommodation, morning, evening, weekend and holiday work are required due to the fact that our stores, including our website, are open seven days a week.