Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Assistant Store Manager, Operations
Department: Remote – Store Operations
Reports to: Store Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 7007 Friars Road, Ste. 1025, San Diego, CA 92108
The Assistant Store Manager of Operations oversees the store leadership team in ensuring the store’s facilities, loss prevention audits, service, staffing goals, payroll planning, safety, administrative work, company programs, and inventory control are actualized in accordance with company-defined practices and processes.
- Actively participates in store walkthroughs with Store Manager and District leadership to ensure the consistency and quality of service and operational execution.
- Manages hiring goals and payroll planning and forecasting against key targets.
- Educates and provides feedback to store team on operational standards, processes and company programs.
- Drives results through creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that create a positive in store experience for both our store team and our customers.
- Partners with merchandising leaders to ensure execution of markdowns/signage/marketing align with merchandise placement.
- Lead overall store earnings by driving top line sales and managing controllable contribution. Spends at least 60% of shift performing Leader on Duty tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
- Must have at least 2 to 3 years of retail experience with prior supervisory or management experience.
- Must be skilled in coaching and training, sales generation, strategic planning, and customer service.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to maneuver around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including a minimum of 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month.