The Assistant Store Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the Store Manager in managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources functions of the store to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
1. Supervises associates engaged in sales, inventory receipt, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers. Prepares weekly schedules to ensure proper floor coverage within fiscal guidelines; reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation for accuracy and submits as appropriate.
2. Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
3. Models sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
4. Maintains a visually appealing store, ensuring proper housekeeping, visual merchandising, and organization are kept to the highest standard. Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure store is maintained at all times.
5. Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates performance to associates; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential.
6. Performs all financial activities effectively and in accordance with policy including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; ensures all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
7. Administers all operational processes including inventory receipt/dispatch, daily replenishment of floor merchandise levels, and execution and preparation of physical inventories.
8. Facilitates and/or manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in working order and adequately maintained to ensure safe and efficient operations.
9. Supports compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate training as needed to reinforce proper controls.
10. Assists in the recruiting, hiring, and development of store associates; interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and delivers coaching as needed; provides feedback to Store Manager for associate performance appraisals and evaluations.
11. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Prior retail or sales management experience preferred
3. Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
4. Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
6. Strong leadership qualities, training and team building skills
7. Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
8. Communicate with customers, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30 pounds, hang/fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, pushing / pulling
9. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.