Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Director
Schedule & Travel: Full-Time, Minimal Travel
Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Serra Los Angeles
Serra offers a uniquely artistic environment and pushes for the normalization of cannabis and a refined experience for the consumer. Our flagship Los Angeles location is nestled in West Hollywood and provides a differentiated consumer experience. We are currently searching for our next key leader in setting the bar for progressive cannabis culture as an Assistant Store Manager.
To be successful in this role, you'll want to bring a wealth of customer experience to the table and either a passion for, or genuine curiosity about cannabis. You would help lead a team of 6-12 Sales Associates and report to our Serra Los Angeles Store Director.
Learn more athttps://www.gw-ind.com/
Assistant Sore Manager Job Description
The Assistant Store Manager contributes to Groundworks Industries success by assisting the Store Director and executing store operations. This job assists and supervises a team of retail associates to create and maintain a superior cannabis experience for our customers.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Store Manager serves as a business unit owner, overseeing the performance of their location and supporting their team in delivering exemplary customer service experiences to all customers.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
The Store Manager is accountable for four primary areas or responsibility:
People developing and leading strong talent, developing training and team engagement for a group of cannabis professionals.
Process and Technology being a steward of operational excellence and ensuring compliant practices in a highly-regulated industry.
Customer fostering a customer-first environment that is welcoming to people from all walks of life.
Finance - leading your team in developing business acumen and understanding how their actions impact the financial stability of their shop and contribute to organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate a differentiated consumer experience for customers of all backgrounds.
- Strong coaching skills with a demonstrated ability to offer real-time feedback and develop staff
- Maintains open availability including nighttime, daytime, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to drive delivery
- Experience in performance management, hiring, and training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Solid and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful, and timely manner
- Ability to teach others processes and ensure team members understand implications of decisions
- Familiarity with BioTrack, Flowhub, METRC, and web-based sales applications
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe
- Ability to remain positive even when faced with tough situations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Hold a valid Marijuana's Handlers Permit
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the retail cannabis space
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have interest and knowledge in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission
- Ability to stand, walk, sit and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for several hours contiguously