**Preference may be given to internal retail applicants**
Plan, organize, and oversee all operations of assigned retail store; promote the sales of clothing items, wares, furniture, jewelry and sundry items to attain both short- and long-range objectives for hang count and sales goals within budgetary limits; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by generating and maximizing revenues, working within the limits of established policies.
- Assist to manage daily retail store operations to include scheduling and utilization of staff, cash handling and management, donation processing and pricing, rotation of material, customer service, and store opening and closing procedures.
- Support store manager in supervising retailing activities and processing procedures. Check that material selection and pricing levels meet company standards in order to achieve maximum sales and profits. Process clothes and wares as needed.
- Provide feedback to manager to improve store layout, store cleanliness, and product display and assist to make improvements in line with visual merchandising techniques within the parameters of approved standards.
- Provide example and assist to train retailing unit personnel in proper merchandising methods, customer service, selling procedures, and problem resolution. Resolve customer and operational problems as soon as possible.
- Make certain that in store accounting procedures are being followed. Assist to monitor sales receipts and cash handling routinely.
- Maintain safe working and shopping conditions and assist to assure that processing, material movement, retail operations, and cleaning are performed in keeping with all safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards and policies. Attend or conduct safety meetings with staff to inform employees of policies and procedures, to maintain a safe working and shopping environment in all areas of the store, and to instill safe working habits for all staff.
- Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and prevent shrinkage.
- Interview, recommend hire, train and supervise assigned staff. Assign and check work. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Assist to evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Recommend personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations. Assist to implement staffing plans and related budgets.
- Perform any range of special projects associated with the tracking, recording, audit, reconciliation or compilation of data or transactions related to retail sales, as directed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or GED; college level courses
- in business or marketing preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year previous sales or public contact experience and supervisory
- experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
- Basic computer skills and cash register operation experience.
- Successful experience in dealing with numbers, including cash handling.
- Must be detail oriented; ability to meet schedules and complete work assignments
- Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service
- Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel
- to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, bending and bagging of goods
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting
- Ability to lift and carry in excess of 20 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, cash registers,
tagging/pricing equipment, lift gear as well as standard store, office and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $13.80 (based on experience)