Location: Fresno, CA
BJ Perch Construction, Inc. is seeking an assistant superintendent with at least 2 years of commercial construction experience or 2 years of higher education in a construction-based educational program for local commercial construction projects.
They Will Be Responsible For The Following
Assistant superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and will assist with the supervision of all craft employees.
- Creation of construction schedules, performing regular schedule updates, monitor logic relationships, add new work items into the schedule and reflect resulting schedule impacts.
- Assist with the coordination of jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with adjacent building teams and subcontractors.
- Lead BJPC’s safety program.
- Assist with the coordination of subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading.
- Professionally represent BJPC field operations as a regular interface with owner and design team.
- Work directly with company leadership implementing our core values
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Procore or similar), and scheduling software (Microsoft Project or similar).
- 2+ years of experience foreman/lead in commercial construction, preferably within BJPC’s core market projects, or 2 or more years of higher education in a construction based curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a manager of field operations, working under the supervision of a superintendent.
- Ground -UP and OSHPD experience a plus