Our client is an industry leader fueled by a team of innovative, collaborative employees who look to make a difference in the lives of those they serve. Environmentally responsible and community minded, they are committed to workplace diversity and a compensation and benefits program that is among the best in Southwest Michigan and in their industry.
This position provides leadership to production teams and is an integral part of the management team driving performance to achieve results consistent with company direction and goals. This key position has oversight of production improvements and supports operational efficiency and safe operations.
Initially this position will help develop, design, engineer and build a new machine. They will transition to leading and assisting machine startup tasks such as training, startup production and all other duties required to start production including training.
- Support resolution of manufacturing and maintenance problems
- Examine procedures to improve quality and operating efficiency
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in safety, Lean and Six Sigma activities, providing team leadership
- Provide coverage for vacancies of Superintendent, supervisors and support weekend production rotation coverage.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science or related engineering degree
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 7+ years paper manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma principles