McShane Construction is seeking Assistant Superintendents to assist with project supervision for the construction of multi-family housing projects. Typical projects are 200-to-300-unit, garden-style, wood-frame, market-rate apartments. McShane offers competitive salaries, vehicle allowances, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), student loan assistance, parental leave, and 15 PTO days for new hires. Opportunities for advancement are available for individuals willing to travel.
- Coordinate the efforts of multiple trades.
- Conduct project inspections and complete daily reports.
- Assist with project schedule, monitoring progress of work, and notifying Superintendent of any delays.
- Coordinate with City officials.
- Review project punchlist and oversee completion of all project disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in construction, including carpentry, preferably in single- or multi-family construction.
- College education a plus.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, safety, methods, etc.).
- Knowledge of the local market preferred.
- Strong management skills and ability to work productively with others and foster solid client relationships.
- Ability to identify, investigate and quantify project problems and corresponding alternatives and consequences.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Proficient with project software (Prolog and/or Primavera). Ability to use a computer, the Internet, and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software.
No Agency Inquiries Please
The McShane Companies (McShane Construction Company, Cadence McShane Construction Company, and Conor Commercial Real Estate) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. The McShane Companies will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.