KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Our Teachers bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Our Teachers are committed to making their center successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
When you join our team as an Assistant Teacher you will:
- Assist teachers with the implementation of KCE's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Support your center's success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners
Would you like to make a difference in children's lives after school? Do you have a passion for working with children?
Join our Champions team in Libertyville, IL at our Adler Park and Rockland locations!
- Monday through Friday
- 2:00-6:00 PM
- This position is 20 hours a week
- Proven ability to build relationships with families, clients (i.e. school staff), and supervisors
- Committed to outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and manage multiple situations effectively
- Must have strong leadership and conflict resolution abilities
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, work indoors or outdoors, assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, as well as see and hear well enough to keep children safe
- Computer literacy and well-developed technology skills
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Expected to uphold KinderCare Education standards
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
- Discounted child care
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work, Champions Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings and The Grove School.