Founded in 1965, Utah Community Action is a nationally recognized provider of comprehensive services for income-eligible families. Their six core programs'Head Start, Adult Education, Case Management & Housing, Nutrition, HEAT, and Weatherization'address barriers to self-reliance to empower individuals, strengthen families, and build communities.
We have over 40 locations across the Salt Lake Valley and will continue to grow. UCA is seeking inspired, talented people who want to be make a difference in the community.
Are you looking for arewarding teaching careerwhere you can make a difference in the lives of preschool children? Have you been looking for a teaching job where you willenjoy coming to work every day? If so, apply today to be an Assistant Teacher with Head Start in Salt Lake City!
You bring your A game to work.You inspire a culture of excellence and take pride in working hard for our clients and their family. You believe that it's a reflection on you, your work, and the organization you represent.
You're a system thinker.You can see the big picture and simultaneously create the many building blocks to make that vision a reality. You are an organizer.
You make sure things are done and that they are done well and on time.You understand that accomplishing goals takes a team and that effective teams require thoughtful collaboration, planning, and communication
You have a way with words.Your communication is clear and professional, both when it comes to writing and when it comes to engaging with others.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.You're resourceful and can adapt to change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle and prioritize many important responsibilities at once.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential required or an associate or baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education/Family and Consumer Studies or a related field.
- One year of related experience preferred. Previous Head Start experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Promote the children's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development
- 2 teachers in a classroom of 17 children ages 3-5 years old
- Conduct home visits and staff-parent conferences
- Work with a diverse population
- Educate families on the importance of preventative health, nutrition and mental health.
- Encourage parents to advocate for their child's individual educational needs.
- Provides a safe and healthy learning environment
Location: Salt Lake City
Start date: Contingent on availability
Compensation: $12.47 - $15.58 per hour
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Match, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, Sick Leave, and Vacation Pay
Reports to: Program Specialist
Utah Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the agency prohibits discrimination and harassment because of a person's protected status such as race, color, national origin, religion, age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, military service, gender, sex (including conditions of pregnancy), marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected- group status.