Assistant Textile Graphic Designer
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Assistant Textile Graphic Designer assists the Textile/Graphic Designers in the development of all print/pattern and visual presentations for private label brands.
- Assists the Textile/Graphic Design teams and learns the design process through working with Textile/Graphic Designers and Managing Textile/Graphic Designers.
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create original designs, illustrations and prints exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Executes the preliminary MAT color palettes by setting up the colors in the system by division as assigned.
- Maintains the pattern library to ensure seasonal records are completed.
- Assists with the development of concept boards for presentations. Assists with the preparation and development of additional seasonal materials, as needed, including table and wall layouts.
- Performs scanning, recoloring and cleaning up of patterns as well as basic revisions (colorway, etc.).
- Transfers prepared finalized artwork (camera ready) to appropriate areas — i.e., Sourcing.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 2-year design and/or art degree preferred.
- Proficiency in apparel graphics.
- Working knowledge of the most current textile and graphic design software and hardware.
- Good communication, time management, and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Proficiency in free hand sketching preferred.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.