Gray is a top-ranked design-build contractor offering architecture, engineering and construction services to domestic and international customers throughout the U.S. It’s the spirit of the people at Gray – passion, commitment and a great team environment – that makes our company a great place to work. Our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives by creating unforgettable customer experiences and great projects. The people of Gray exemplify our core values: we put safety and quality of life first, we are customer and relationship driven and we demonstrate the golden rule - we treat others the way we want to be treated.
Who we want… (Requirements)
A bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university plus three years’ experience; or minimum seven years related experience in an executive support role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Suite knowledge a plus and scheduling applications. May require knowledge of applications specific to the department assigned with a willingness to learn new programs as needed by the department.
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for collaboration and professional development. If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we expect… (Essential Functions)
- Supports Chief Operating Officer and assists his/her direct reports as appropriate. Supports other CO’s and executives as directed.
- Independently answers questions and directs inquiries to appropriate personnel on behalf of those who he/she supports.
- Monitors and maintains departmental budget(s).
- Coordinates and manages the overall overhead budget process by working with individual budget managers and accounting, preparing reports with trend analysis and performance indicators and recommendations.
- Prepares drafts of written correspondence, reports and documents. Maintains confidentiality of day-to-day business activities.
- Works closely with Gray Construction’s leadership team and coordinates the execution of strategic initiatives, by assuming day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks while providing up-to-date progress reporting.
- Independently researches and compiles information into report or presentation format.
- Prepares and coordinates content and presentation materials for internal use at staff meetings, board meetings and leadership team meetings.
- Acts as a sounding board for ideas and initiatives and provides advice to the CO’s and other executive team members.
- Acts as a communication arm for the CO’s with other executives in the company, customers or shareholders.
- Acts as a facilitator capable of communicating wants, needs, concerns and ideas from CO’s direct reports to the CO’s in an effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinates and manages the Lexington office campus and any changes to layout, workstations and furniture.
- May attend meetings or calls on behalf of the COO.
- Helps COO prioritize his/her time and appointments.
- May actively participate in at least one committee or task force, including preparing agendas and recording minutes.
- Ensures performance reviews of COO’s direct reports are completed routinely and in a timely manner.
- Compiles, prepares and maintains informational and statistical reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. They may occasionally be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision.
Generally, normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Overtime may be required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.