Assistant to the Fab Lab Coordinator
California State University, Dominguez Hills
About the CSUDH Foundation
The California State University, Dominguez Hills Foundation was incorporated in 1968 as a partner of the University to provide services and develop and enhance programs that are an integral part of the University's educational mission. CSU Dominguez Hills is a highly diverse, metropolitan university primarily serving the South Bay area of Los Angeles County. Established in 1960, CSU Dominguez Hills is one of the 23 campuses that comprise the California State University system.
Any inquiries should be directed to the Foundation Human Resources Office at (310) 243-1070.
About the Position
To support the Mobile Fab Lab Coordinator, CSI3 director, Fab Lab techs, and CSi3 staff in all activities involving and affecting the Mobile Fab Lab.
Employment at the Foundation is on an at-will basis and can be terminated by either an employee or the Foundation at any time with or without cause or advance notice. Permanent status can neither be obtained nor granted.
Hourly rate of $15.00, plus benefits medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement. (Fulltime)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fab Lab Technician Scheduling and Assignments
- Schedule Fab Lab Techs to meet the day-to-day needs of the Fab Lab
- Coordinate special event scheduling with other team members (undergraduate, volunteers, etc.)
- Monitor Fab Lab Tech time; breaks, lunch, accurate time reporting
- Monitor Fab Lab Techs; ensure all assigned tasks are completed; tech to-do lists, etc.
- Create a safe and inclusive work environment for all Fab Lab Techs; monitor well-being, academics, etc. (requirements to maintain position)
- Update Fab Lab Coordinator on Techs and scheduling as needed and/or required
Organization: Inventory, Event Checklists
- Keep an updated inventory of Fab Lab equipment and supplies
- Track outgoing and incoming equipment and supplies
- Order supplies as needed (office supplies or Fab Lab materials)
- Update Fab Lab Coordinator as needed
Event Planning and Support
- Assist in the organization and planning of Fab Lab events, such as STEAM Days, STEAM Weeks, STEAM Lab Schools, etc.
- This could mean non-equipment items, such as marketing materials, exit tickets, tablecloths, lab coats, displays, etc.
- Assisting with event scheduling
- Communicate with Fab Lab Team, Instructional Team, and other team members as needed to coordinate events
Reporting | Data Maintenance
- Maintain a comprehensive activity database including the number of participants served
- Assist Fab Lab team in the preparation of event reports and annual reports
CISE Activity Support
- Support the team in carrying out all CISE Activities (could be non-Fab Lab related)
- High School Diploma
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of database maintenance
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint; Google suite
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have flexible schedule (Saturdays)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Must possess good time management and multitasking skills in executing projects
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse populations
Review of applications will begin on May 4, 2020, and the position will remain open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may contact the Foundation Human Resources Office at (310) 243-2373.
This position requires new hire/re-hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in partnership with the Social Security Administration.
If hired, the successful candidate will be required to furnish proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth as a condition of employment.