Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing theTrack and Fieldprogram at
the assigned school. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and
instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
1. Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and
techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by
the head coach.
3. Assesses participant's skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining game strategy.
5. Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials,
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the Head Coach.
10. Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
11. Participates in special activities to include parent's night, banquets, award nights, and assemblies.
12. Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data, and other related records.
13. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the HeadTrackand FieldCoach, Athletic Director & Principal or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Some experience as an assistanttrack and fieldcoach at the high school or college level
preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to
dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment or outdoors. Duties may be occasionally performed on field trips away from school. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NFHS Coaches Training, First Aid, Steriod Awareness, Concussion Management and Heat Illness Training
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: HeadTrack and FieldCoach, Athletic Director & Principal
NFHS Coaches training, First Aid, Steroid Awareness, Concussion Management and Heat Illness Training. Preferred Expertise in throws - specifically javelin.