The Assistant Treasurer position is responsible for assisting the Treasurer in directing the Company’s cash and liquidity management, risk management and treasury operations and controls. The Assistant Treasurer role will be involved in the development, maintenance and compliance with the Company’s cash, liquidity and treasury management policies and procedures, debt servicing, treasury reporting, planning and budgeting activities and risk management actions. This role will be responsible for ensuring that all cash, corporate policies and treasury controls are documented and followed by the Company. The Assistant Treasurer will also work closely with other professionals on the Finance Team including the CFO, Vice President of Finance, Director of FP&A, procurement as well as members of the Company’s Risk Management and Operations Teams. The ideal candidate has an excellent reputation for trust and confidence and is detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a very strong working knowledge of commercial banking and treasury policies and procedures.
- In coordination with the Treasurer, responsible for developing, maintaining, updating and reviewing Company’s cash flow models together with how these models intersect and tie into other Company business plans and financing models. Organizational and management reporting related to the cash flow models;
- Supporting the Treasurer in connection with forecasting cash payments, progressing specific financial projects, and making decisions on the Company finances and impact of new business ventures;
- Managing relationships with the Company’s private equity owners, bank groups, lenders, bondholders, lien holders, risk and insurance professionals, merchant card processors and other key strategic partners/vendors;
- Maintaining inventory of all treasury relates services, fees, etc.;
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all indentures and credit facilities in which the Company is involved, and all related compliance activities as well as developing tools to track loan/indenture compliance, financial covenant positions and financial trends, among other things;
- Strong knowledge of the Company’s corporate organizational structure and capital structure of various affiliated corporate entities;
- Ensuring strict compliance with accounting/finance controls surrounding treasury and cash flow functions;
- Working closely with other members of the Company’s Finance Team on matters including but not limited to accounting, planning, reporting, procurement and field finance;
- Staying current with banking regulations, practices and trends;
- Undertaking risk management activities to protect a Company's financial well-being;
- Participating in personal development activities to continue strengthening core treasury and cash management skills
- We are a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
- College degree in finance and/or accounting
- CTP certification
- At least 4 years industry experience in a treasury environment
- Extensive experience managing complex indenture / loan agreements and covenant compliance
- Significant experience in accounting/finance controls surrounding treasury and cash flow functions controls, budgeting and cash modeling
- Experience in managing banking and merchant card processing relationships
- Excellent planning, computer and IT skills with systems background experience
- Self-motivated, driven to work hard in a fast-paced “win focused” environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong abilities to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in written and spoken English and to prepare and deliver presentations to all levels of organizational responsibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, staff and external contacts, and to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a professional team environment.