Bethel Local Schools
Bethel Local Schools-website
- Prepare the district's biweekly payroll and mandatory reports in compliance with all applicable laws (e.g. personnel contracts, earning records, payroll deductions, etc.).
Ensure the payroll balances each pay.
- Collect from each employee all forms required for the proper processing of payroll and individual deductions.
- Verify time sheets and payroll requisitions for approval. Calculate gross wages. Enter required information on the computer system.
- Receive questions, requests, and complaints from employees regarding the payroll. Attend to such matters promptly, accurately, and tactfully,.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date payroll records for all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintain monthly employee sick leave report.
- Distribute paychecks/direct deposit confirmations to building secretaries or other authorized personnel. Mail paychecks as requested.
- Verify the timely payment of all payroll taxes and completes the mandatory quarterly reports.
- Responsible for the School Employees Retirement System and State Teachers Retirement System employee forms and monthly reports.
- Data input of EMIS information for staff throughout the year.
- Verify accumulated vacation time of employees.
- Work with auditors and county and federal agencies as required.
- Reconciles payroll bank statements as directed.
- Prepares contracts and contract notices for all employees. Verifies that employees are placed on the correct salary schedule.
- Prepare payroll research data and other reports as required.
- Prepare all bank deposits as requested by the Treasurer. Takes daily deposits to the bank every day or as needed.
- Meet with new employees to review payroll forms and coordinate benefits.
- Handles all insurance enrollment including COBRA and FMLA.
- Process all annuities and coordinates with the 125 plan administrator.
- Process life insurance billing for new and terminated employees for payment.
- Verifies authorized employment inquiries (i.e. loan applications, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain accurate records suitable for audits.
- Cross trained to perform or assist in the treasurer's office.
- Function as Wellness Coordinator for the District.
- Type correspondence, reports, financial data, and other documents for the Treasurer.
- Protect the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Keep current with advances in computer technology, software revisions and improvements.
- Update data processing procedures,when necessary
- Share knowledge and skills with appropriate office staff.
- Act as liaison between the Treasurer and adminstrators, staff, students, parents, and the public.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and raining programs. Participate in professional growth activities when requested.
- Perform other specfic job-related duties as required.
- Ability to lift, carry, or move equipment or supplies weighing up to twenty pounds.
- Ability to move freely throughout the building.
- Ability to handle and mainipulate office equipment that may require speed, manual dexterity, clerical accuracy, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to accurately discern detail in written, statistical, and tabular materials.
- Ability to react productively to frequent interruptions and changing conditions.
- Ability to set priorities, organize and complete duties efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively using language and writing skills.
- Ability to maintain a tactful disposition in dealing with adminstators, staff, students, parents, and the public.
- Ability to be punctual and maintain a good attendance record.
- High School Diploma. Associates Degree is desirable.
- Equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficient in office procedures, protocol, and the use of general office machines (e.g. 10-key calculator, copier, computer, accounting, and word processing software).
- Successfully pass BCI/FBI background check.
- Occasional expposure to blood, body fluids, and tissue.
- Occasional interaction with agitated or upset parents/public.
- Occasional interaction with disruptive or unruly children.
- Work under stress to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Duties may require extended time using a computer terminal.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Considerable papework is required.
- Responsibilities may require working evening and/or weekend hours.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bethel Local School District is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without reqgard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Employees are required to
comply with the legal mandates of the State of Ohio Department of Education. Employees are required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the Board of Education, Treasurer and/or his or her designee. This job descripton does not imply that these are the only duties and responsiblities to be performed. This job descripton is subject to change to recognize funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.