- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Board of Education - Finance
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Job Objective: Performs duties that support the effective operation of the treasurer’s office. Addresses issues that arise during the absence of the treasurer within the limits prescribed by law.I. Advances the district's professional image.
- Promotes effective communications and offers assistance. Uses problem-solving techniques to tactfully address questions/concerns.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
II. Facilitates the implementation of management directives.
- Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Refers district policy/procedure questions to appropriate administrators/supervisors.
- Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
III. Provides administrative support services.
- Coordinates office workflow. Monitors work progress. Helps staff as needed to meet deadlines.
- Takes the initiative to perform routine tasks independently. Maintains electronic databases and paper filing systems that support the safe and efficient retention/retrieval of files/records. Maintains an orderly work area.
- Keeps informed about program and procedure changes.
- Verifies the accuracy of database information as directed.
- Helps prepare complete and systematic records. Assembles data for analysis and/or forecasting. Facilitates collaborative work with auditors and prepares CAFR.
- Oversees posting of receipts, expenditures, and investment transactions daily. Balances ledgers monthly.
- Maintains student activity accounts and building fund records.
- Oversees reconciliation of bank statements as directed. Oversees check filing.
- Analyzes account activities. Prepares monthly recaps as directed.
- Processes forms for special education reimbursements.
- Oversees processing of receivable accounts. Prepares/makes bank deposits.
- Oversees the review of staff mileage and reimbursement forms. Prepares and disburses checks.
- Oversees the maintenance of a vendor tax identification file. Prepares 1099 forms.
- Oversees the processing of approved invoices for payment. Maintains a completed payment file.
- Facilitates investment of district funds.
- Manages non-public school funds.
- Credit card administrator.
- Collects, compiles, edits, and prepares statistical data and reports as directed.
- Helps gather information and process grant/foundation proposals as directed.
- Assists with committee assignments and/or special projects as directed.
- Maintains office transaction records (e.g., petty cash, receipts, contributions, etc.).
- Maintains forms and paperwork related to administrative procedures and program functions.
- Discards archived records following the board-adopted records retention/disposal schedule.
IV. Pursues growth opportunities that enhance professional performance.
V. Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Takes precautions to ensure safety. Watches for conduct and situations that may indicate a problem. Works with supervisors to manage or eliminate risk factors.
- Strives to develop rapport and serves as a positive role model for others.
- Bachelors degree. An acceptable score on a pre-employment test may be required.
- An acceptable score on a pre-employment test may be required.
- Meets all mandated health requirements.
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Meets all prerequisite qualifications to be bonded.
- Proficient in office protocol, data entry, spelling, proofreading, and the correct use of grammar.
- Record maintenance skills. Ability to accurately compute and record mathematical data.
- Experience with governmental accounting procedures and automated data processing systems.
- Available to work irregular hours and/or a non-traditional schedule.
- Acknowledges personal accountability for decisions and conduct.
- Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Performs duties efficiently with limited supervision. Meets deadlines despite time constraints.
- Experience with eFinance Plus software
Salary Range: Salary and benefit package will be commensurate with the education and experience