NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1994, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
NRP INVESTMENTS, LLC is currently seeking an ASSISTANT VERTICAL DESIGN MANAGER in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Assistant Vertical Design Manager will support the NRP Vertical Design Team of 10-20 on-going development projects in construction, design or pre-development phases at any one time.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
Project Management & Administrative: 90%
• Maintain NRP best practices across projects and national portfolio which currently spans 11 states nationally.
• Assist during the Pre-development stage with: Obtaining proposals, gathering due diligence, assembling project design decisions into Request for Pricing to distribute to construction, helping prepare for internal committee approval meetings.
• Assist during the Design stage with: Design document control and review, updating NRP data bases, ensuring all internal reviews, peer review and third party reviews are completed at key milestones, help track, maintain and ensure major design milestones are completed successfully and on time, obtain proposals/ process add service proposals, assist in obtaining pricing on design features. Assist Sr. Design Manager and coordinate projects with Architect, Landscape Architect, and Interior Design Consultants.
• Assist during the Construction phase with: Design focused subcontract scope and submittal reviews, ensuring design related construction milestones are successfully completed in field, tracking completion of accessibility walks/adjustments required, searching out answers to design questions posed by construction staff during buildout.
• Assist with daily project organization, including setting up calls and meetings and filing and tracking milestones.
• Implement process improvement projects assigned to help streamline Portfolio wide consistency in design of our product. Projects may include assembling data-bases, researching new products/construction methods, cataloging and code research.
• Assist in coordination with internal developers, contractors or management to ensure needs of each group are being met in the development’s design.
• Meet project deadlines with attention to detail, accuracy & budget.
• Attend / participate in all Design and Coordination as well as All Hands meetings and calls.
• Work with VP Design and Entitlements in completion of project specific milestone tracking information.
• Assist Sr. Design Manager to ensure design intent from Executive Committee is documented into all design plans.
• Communicate and negotiate with product vendors and representatives as needed.
• Assist in locating and pricing miscellaneous products for developments.
• Work with Director of Creative Design to select and coordinate the purchase of project furnishings, art works, and accessories.
• Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Ability to obtain architectural license preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in commercial architecture, development or construction industry. Multi-family experience preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Microsoft Project and Sketch Up, Procore, Acrobat Pro, Bluebeam or related software a plus.
Other Requirements: None