Boston West Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital located in Natick, MA, is looking to hire a full-time Assistant Veterinary Technician Supervisor.
$1,500 Sign on Bonus after 90 days of full time employment!
The Assistant Veterinary Technician Supervisor will work with our management team to focus on high quality, comprehensive and effective medical services to ensure the optimal client and patient experience. This assistant supervisory role provides the opportunity to assist in the management of our Emergency and Critical Care team. Tasks for managing these teams include scheduling, training and hiring. This role is 75% technical and 25% administrative.
About the Job: The Assistant Veterinary Technician Supervisor role will provide the opportunity to:
- Participate in identifying and planning for staffing consistent with needs of client population and budgetary parameters.
- Understand workflows of different department.
- Provide insight and guidance regarding problem-solving efforts for daily operations.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships across the hospital.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, communication and cooperation among team members and the patients we serve.
Education, License and Job Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience as a Veterinary Technician
- CVT preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- Ability to promote effective communication among team members
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day
Shifts: 36 to 40 hours per week. Weekend shift and holidays are required
About Boston West Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital: Boston West's mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We encourage and empower our technicians to utilize their skills, have input into case management and patient care, think critically, work autonomously, further their knowledge and education, and pursue specialty certification if so desired.
Benefits of Working at Boston West Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health insurance with the choice of a 100% employer paid plan; dental, vision, disability, and life insurances; flex spending accounts for medical and/or dependent care costs; discounted pet medical care; 401(k); Employee Assistance Program; and paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.