- Assists in the delivery of basic services (such as shelter, food, hygiene, etc.) to veterans served at the facility
- Ensures harmonious atmosphere at the facility by maintaining communication with clinical staff and maintaining a therapeutic community environment
- Assists in the delivery/handling of client mail
- Assists clients with the move-in and move-out from the facility
- Responsible for the preventing or de-escalating any verbal and physical altercations from the facility including submitting Incident Reports to the Veteran Service Coordinator or Lead Veterans Service Assistant concerning these events
- Responsible for addressing client issues timely to ensure the non-interruption of services
- Provides daily shuttle van transportation to community agencies such as VA, DMV, Social Security, etc.
- Conveying needs to the Veteran Service Coordinator or Lead Veterans Service Assistant to maintain supply inventory of supplies and ensures proper storage
- Assists with maintenance and upkeep of the facility and ensures readiness for inspections
- Assists in the implementation of toxicology testing to promote a sober environment
- Responsible for implementation of all safety and emergency procedures
- Assist the Veteran Service Coordinator in bed checks, inspections of rooms to ensure a clean, safe and hazardless environment
- Conducts various administrative duties to include documentation of bed check, inspections, incident reports, client logs, etc.
- Facilitate routine daily living activities for clients
- Adheres to the site work order procedure
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with programs, client population, similar populations, or other relevant experience preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with residential staff
- Must promote client-centered philosophy and skilled in creating/maintaining a sober environment
- Must be energetic, dedicated to mission and flexible
- Basic computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.