The Claims Division is seeking a team member to join the Contract Binding Solutions (CBS) Team as a Senior Claims Examiner. In this role, the responsibilities include but not limited to actively manage and effectively oversee an assigned caseload of casualty claims related to coverage, liability, and damages for commercial accounts.
Specific duties include but not limited to the below:
- Provide technical expertise and oversight to Claims Examiners with analysis and handling of coverage issues as wells as complex claims
- Manage Trial Committee process to include review of cases set for trial, assist in development of a resolution strategy, oversee reporting process to Home Office
- Travel to and from such locations within the United States to attend mediations and trials of complex cases
- Complete general liability and automobile liability reserve reviews of accounts
- Oversee Control Activities to include:
- BI Predictive Modeling System
- Review of Large Loss Snapshot
- Reserve Reviews
- Conduct training sessions on current topics and facilitate both internal and external partnership calls to discuss issues of concern with all assigned TPA & Claims Examiner team members.
- Partner with other business units leadership team members to ensure consistency in process and quality claim handling across business units
- Identify opportunities for loss cost reduction and support strategies that result in improved financial outcomes
- Address state and federal regulatory issues (Medicare issues, state insurance department audits/complaints, state workers compensation board requirements, etc.)
- Work on various claims related projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree; JD preferred
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in the insurance industry handling coverage issues and New York Labor Law claims
- Multi-line experience as a front-line claims adjuster/supervisor, as well as experience in a service/account management role
- Detailed technical knowledge of automobile and general liability claims handling with the ability to advise Claims Examiners & TPA staff on the handling of complex injury and property damage cases; particular knowledge in the handling of construction related claims is helpful but not required
- Ability to analyze complex coverage issues and draft coverage disclaimers/Reservation of Rights letters
- Liability Claims Audit experience
- Hands-on experience and strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), evaluating, influencing, negotiating, listening, and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive working relationships with internal/external peers and other professionals across organizational lines
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to take part in active strategic discussions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills & ability to make decisions in a team-based environment
- Willing and able to travel 25%
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.