Assistant Vice President, Finance - Chubb Overseas General(
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position is an excellent opportunity to work closely with various finance units, including underwriting, reinsurance, investments and actuarial departments, on a wide variety of projects and processes. Successful candidates will receive competitive compensation, the challenge of working across many departments, a vast variety of experiences and the opportunity to work in this world recognized leader in the insurance industry. We offer an opportunity to learn about both the organization and the industry while applying the skills necessary to practically apply accounting, finance, reinsurance and actuarial concepts and theories.
RELATIONSHIP & SCOPE
The AVP of Finance will report to a VP of Finance. This candidate will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel, including other financial professionals, divisional leadership, and functional staff to interpret financial data and operational performance. This position provides the opportunity to gain experience with foreign currencies and local accounting regulations in multiple countries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze Balance Sheets of global entities to ensure conformity with US GAAP.
- Explain quarterly balance sheet movements via detailed commentary and supporting variance analysis.
- Research financial drivers, variances and out-of-balances by querying system databases, analyzing PeopleSoft accounts and reports, and communicating with business contacts.
- Prepare and maintain various financial statements and analytical reports that track business specific financial metrics.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly internal reporting packages submitted to business leaders.
- Review and approve journal entries and follow-up with any remediation action.
- Owne rship and maintenance of various business deliverables and analytical tools.
- Add value by providing accurate and timely information to senior management that facilitates informed business decisions.
- Refine and document processes and procedures when necessary.
- Lead projects that will improve efficiency and performance of the financial reporting closing process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, major in Accounting or Finance; MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of Finance in the Insurance industry, preferably experience working with a commercial P&C, Life, or A&H carrier
- Public Accounting experience and CPA designation preferred
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and an ability to perform complex analyses
- Actuarial knowledge a plus
- Mastery of end user applications (e.g., Microsoft products such as Excel/Word/Access)
Required Personal Skills :
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently
- Ability to identify priorities and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work effectively with all levels throughout a large organization
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrates integrity and dedication
Philadelphia - 510 Walnut St