Assistant Vice President for Digital Strategy - (190180)
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world’s leading aviation and aerospace university, seeks an innovative, results-oriented digital marketing professional with broad higher education experience and outstanding fluency in the use of Web-enabled technology to deliver compelling and impactful messages that advance brand visibility and reputation and accelerate Embry-Riddle’s emergence as an aerospace business, science and engineering powerhouse.
Reporting to ERAU’s Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the AVP for Digital Strategy will provide oversight and implementation of the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University brand on all websites and digital platforms to raise the university’s visibility and enhance its reputation among key constituents and target audiences including prospective students, industry partners, community stakeholders, the media, thought leaders and donors. The role will be responsible for developing and driving a cohesive and holistic digital strategy and serving as a marketing and communications integrator with an enterprise view of the university’s "big picture" story across all audiences, channels and marketing campaigns with a primary focus on public-facing sites. We seek a tech-savvy storyteller with functional fluency in the use of a Salesforce CRM to meet targeted marketing objectives. This storyteller must be able to easily navigate between data and content – realizing that every word on every page matters as much as every click on every user journey. The AVP will supervise the Website Managing Editor, among other members of the team.
The AVP for Digital Strategy will lead a team of strategists, content producers and the multimedia team, in addition to marketing operations and administrative staff while coordinating efforts closely with enrollment leaders and key stakeholders, including academic deans on all campuses. The position will leverage existing content and supervise new content production for digital assets as well as hire and evaluate staff, develop policies and procedures and ensure ongoing and transparent communication across Embry-Riddle’s residential and Worldwide campuses. The ability to manage fast-changing and sometimes conflicting priorities with sound judgment in a positive, strategic, and solution-oriented manner will be required. We seek a leader willing to mentor staff at a time of realignment and positioning for both the marketing team and university brand. The AVP will work in close collaboration with the AVP for News and Research Communications as well as the leadership for the creative services and strategic initiatives teams.
- Builds collaborative relationships to strengthen audience engagement across digital channels.
- Oversees and provides direction to the website managing editor and all significant "owned" channels including erau.edu and a range of electronic publications.
- Approves, selects and manages vendor partners and freelance staff as needed.
- Serves as a senior advisor to the VP of Marketing and Communications and the university’s senior leadership team.
- Directs teams within the recently integrated marketing and communications division and other institutional partners to bring the Embry-Riddle brand to life in timely and compelling ways on owned, earned and paid channels.
- Conceptualizes, builds and implements a comprehensive, modern digital strategy that elevates the university’s brand and raises the institution’s reputation both nationally and regionally.
- Oversees digital governance and ensures implementation of industry best practices that align with current trends.
- Acts as a master integrator, connecting the dots between marketing, communications, technical and business needs and functions.
- Works with other divisional leaders to integrate digital efforts into the broader marketing and communications strategy.
- Works with staff to leverage analytical insights to help drive marketing decision-making, content prioritization, personalization, optimization and positioning.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in higher ed communications and marketing is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of the above experience in higher education must be in a digital/content strategy or leadership role, leading content and website development within large and diverse teams, with specific experience developing content and cross-platform “experiences” for enterprise-level websites and digital-marketing platforms.
- Experience developing digital and operational plans from concept to completion, building infrastructure and tracking measurement against KPIs.
- A track record for solving problems, managing across teams/divisions and building collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to drive brand awareness across digital channels.
- Experience with user-centered design principles, usability, web standards, accessibility standards, social media best practices, and implementing policies and processes that support and elevate a college or university brand.
- Experience and ability to simultaneously articulate solutions for enrollment, development and general positioning while managing the many requests that compete for the team’s time and attention on a daily basis.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud and Sitecore CMS is preferred.
- Experience measuring and improving SEO, both organic and paid.
In addition to completing the required application, include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience fits this position and a list of three professional references (not to be contacted without the applicant’s permission).
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world's largest, fully accredited university specializing in aviation and aerospace, is a nonprofit, independent institution offering more than 80 baccalaureate, master's and Ph.D. degree programs in its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Aviation, Business, Engineering and Security & Intelligence.
Embry-Riddle educates students at residential campuses in Daytona Beach, FL, and Prescott, AZ, and through the Worldwide Campus with more than 130 locations in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and through online programs. The university is a major research center, seeking solutions to real-world problems in partnership with the aerospace industry, other universities and government agencies.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Daytona Beach
Job: Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2019, 12:33:36 PM