Assistant Vice President Marketing(
Job Title: Assistant Vice President Marketing
Reports to: Division Manager
Purpose: The purpose of this job is to implement and manage the marketing plan for a division office.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Division Manager in developing, implementing and managing the marketing plan for the Division. Assigns marketing goals to field staff territories and monitors activities of field staff in attainment of marketing goals.
- Establishes and maintains communication with agribusiness groups and organizations at the state level for the states within the division responsibility to promote the value of crop insurance and RHLLC’s role as the premier provider of crop insurance products.
- Trains field personnel on RHLLC product lines and new programs. Monitors field progress in marketing new products to agency force.
- Plans and oversees the Division’s advertising and promotion activities. Works with suppliers to produce advertising materials. Provides input to corporate marketing manager on marketing and promotional items.
- Trains field personnel in tools available to maximize efficiency such as Field Information System (FIS) and Agency Information System (OpenCrisp).
- Monitors field marketing and servicing costs of the Division and determine methods to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Assists in the development of agency training programs for Crop-Hail, Fire and Allied Lines and MPCI products. Conducts agency update meetings to inform agents about new products and marketing techniques. Assumes responsibility for meeting the requirements of RHLLC Plan of Implementation of Manual 14 with Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) as it pertains to agency training requirements.
- Supervises field activities relating to agency and policyholder service.
- Supervises the collection of premium. Keeps field personnel updated on premium collection in their territories.
- Participates in industry state crop committees and assumes a leadership role.
- Assists Division Manager and Assistant Manager in other job related duties necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the division office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of all crop insurance products offered by the company. Knowledge of underwriting rules pertaining to the products.
- Knowledge of marketing methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry, including an understanding of the kinds of crops produced in the states serviced by the division; knowledge of agricultural issues.
- Ability to positively direct the work of others, including the ability to make and communicate assignments, resolve issues affecting employees or agents.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail’s products, services and systems. Knowledge of or the ability to learn the terminology used by the insurance industry and the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain positive business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities, including marketing information, product knowledge, pricing, processes and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of personal computers, laptop computers and company software products.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to travel away from home for extended periods and on short notice.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.Physical and Mental DemandsThe physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Job QualificationsBaccalaureate degree in Agricultural Business or related field required with 3 or more years of crop insurance sales or service.Note:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Baccalaureate degree in Agricultural Business or related field required with 3 or more years of crop insurance sales or service
Spokane-N Mullan Rd.
Sales & Marketing