Flexibility in working hours required.
We appreciate your interest in employment with Vancouver Public Schools (VPS). All applications are considered and reviewed. The most qualified and competitive applicant(s) that possess directly related experience and expertise, training, and education may be invited to participate in the interview/selection process. As part of the selection process, the District conducts confidential reference checks to include former and present employers and also requires a criminal background investigation. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications received, not all applicants will receive an interview.
Résumés should include education, relevant experience (including current position), and skills which highlight the qualifications of the position to which a person is applying.
All district employees are encouraged to review their personnel file periodically to ensure that their file includes current and relevant documentation that supports their education, experience, training, etc., as it relates to qualifications described on job postings.
Qualifications and Essential Functions:
Develop and articulate a vision for the program that embraces character development and a positive experience for all athletes
Treat co-workers, supervisors, students, parents and others with dignity and respect at all times
- Serve as a positive role model for students, and practice the behaviors that are expected of our students
- Work in a flexible and cooperative manner
- Ability to work successfully as a team player and follow the Head Coach/Athletic Director’s program direction
- Ability to communicate and work with students/athletes, parents, staff and community in an effective and positive manner with an emphasis on the core covenants of the program
- Knowledge of the sport in which the candidate is making application
- Recent experience
- Quality of coaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model that emphasizes character development
- Evidence of positive approach to personal interaction, motivation and leadership
- Current First Aid and CPR card (or ability to obtain one prior to the established starting date)
- Type II Drivers License (or ability to obtain one prior to the established starting date)
- Ability to work cooperatively with students and parents who are culturally, racially, and linguistically diverse
- Such alternative to the above requirements and desirable qualifications may be made as the District finds appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to lift and move moderately sized objects up to 50 pounds
- Regular attendance to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position to achieve program requirements
It is understood that the district has the right to transfer and assign employees to best fit the needs of the district. Coaches appointed a position in any given school may be re-appointed to the same position for the subsequent school year without further posting.