Assistant Wholesale Manager
Kauffman’s Fruit Farm, an award-winning orchard and farm market in Lancaster County is looking for an Assistant Wholesale Manager. This individual will work closely with the Wholesale Operations Manager and coordinate with all departments involved in production, sales, and delivery to provide high quality, fresh products to our wholesale customers.
About our Assistant Wholesale Manager position
- Support: Work closely with our Wholesale Operations Manager to ensure the success of the wholesale department
- Track: Manage inventory of our fresh orchard fruits and orchard products.
- Organize: Keep our docks, cold storage, warehouse and bin yard organized and clean
- Price: Analyze data such as inventory, shelf life, demand, etc to determine proper pricing of our orchard products
- Collaborate: Communicate with production teams, orchard staff, market managers, customers & delivery drivers to ensure products are delivered on time.
- Serve: Work directly with wholesale customers in person, via phone, and via email to take orders and determine their custom needs (inside sales only)
We’re Looking for an Assistant Wholesale Manager with these Qualities:
- Communicator: Able to communicate clearly & build strong relationships with our various departments and our customers
- Detailed: Able to track the critical details involved in selling, storing, inventorying and pricing our orchard products
- Organized: Able to keep track of multiple priorities, as well as organize a small space during a busy season
- Computer Savvy – Familiar with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel. Comfortable learning our inventory software, EBMS & generating emails in Mail Chimp.
- Customer Resource: Can build relationships with customers and is committed to providing excellence in service
- Flexible: Welcomes a job that changes with the seasons – literally. Able to work overtime during our busy season. Desires a job that presents with fresh challenges and requires a broad skill set.
- Active– Enjoys periods of fast-paced work and able to jump in and help the team by loading trucks, picking orders, driving trucks and forklifts, etc.
What we offer
- Competitive Pay:$40k+ DOE
- Benefits: Paid Vacation & Holidays, Bonuses, Retirement & Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Opportunity: Our company is in growth mode and are looking for visionary leaders who want to continue to develop professionally and expand their role.
- Support: You become part of a family business that cares about their employees at all levels and is committed to their wellbeing and success.
- Service Opportunities: Serving others is a huge part of our company culture. As such, after you’ve been with the company for two years, we will give you one week of paid time off to be used towards mission trips, nonprofit volunteer work or other service opportunities.
About Kauffman’s Fruit Farm
Kauffman’s Fruit Farm is committed to providing fresh quality orchard products to our customers in Lancaster County & the surrounding regions. We were founded on and operate by these principles.
- Be Fair- A full measure, heaped and overflowing.
- Be Kind- Build a business on the strength of having good neighbors, and being good neighbors.
- Be Visionary- Establish a business that can provide work for family and community.
To apply for our Assistant Wholesale Manager position, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF Format.