During this time of limited contact, there is a great need to provide enriching experiences to our residents, with each interaction. Presenting our residents exceptional meals, is one way to nourish their bodies, and bring joy through delicious foods that spark memories.
$1000 for Fulltime New Hires
(Full time employee bonuses paid in increments $250 on 2nd paycheck, $250 at 6 Months and $500 -1 year retention bonus. Employees are eligible for bonuses if performance is satisfactory)
We are currently seeking a full-time Cook with excellent scratch cooking and baking skills, a strong aptitude for menu planning while staying on budget, and a personality that gets along well with a variety of individuals ranging from seniors to staff to family members.
This position will work first shift Monday through Friday and every other weekend, as well as rotating holidays. A full benefits package is offered including paid time off, insurance, and a retirement package.
Apply today via this website to learn more. When you lead our kitchen, you learn how you mean so much, to so many.
Coordinate the food service program, in keeping with nutritional guidelines, residence policies and food service budget. Order and prepare food, dining service, food service for special events and activities, maintain food inventory, and maintain regulatory compliance.
Food Preparation and Dining Service
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents� individual prescribed diets and food preference.
- Present food in an appetizing and attractive manner.
- Assist in fostering residents� independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment when needed.
- Ensure that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner.
- Visit with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality service.
- Prepare food and coordinate food service for special event as requested.
- Encourage residents to participate in the food service program and provide a forum for their input.
Regularity Compliance and Sanitation
- Ensure compliance with HACCP, local health department regulations and the residence policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe kitchen environment.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards.
- Check water, food and storage temperatures as required.
- Report all broken equipment to the Administrator in a timely manner to ensure the safety of the staff and residents.
Documentation and Communication
- Ensure the menu is posted daily and weekly menus are always posted in the kitchen/ dining room.
- Attend mandatory trainings and in-services as required by state and federal regulations, and as directed by the Administrator.
- Follow the set menu and if deviations are necessary, ensure all changes are noted on the menu.
- Adhere to the weekly and monthly ordering budgets and limit smaller grocery trips as required.
- State food-handling and kitchen regulations
- OSHA Standards
- Fire and Safety procedures
- Operation of kitchen appliances
- Minimum of two years� experience as a chef/cook
- Current food service sanitation certificate
- Desire to work with older adults