BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Leveraged Finance (“LF”) Group mandate is to provide financing for leveraged buy-outs, recapitalizations, corporate acquisitions and refinancings and make direct equity co-investments. LF is focused on originating and leading non-investment grade debt financings for corporates and financial sponsors.
The group is seeking an Associate to work with Senior Origination members in New York.
The primary responsibility of the Associate is to provide deal support to a team of originators and key components of the position include financial modeling, credit analysis and due diligence, production of credit / capital market memoranda and execution materials, and managing junior team members. More specifically the Associate position will:
- Perform advanced financial statement analysis and cash flow projection modeling.
- Conduct issuer due diligence and identify significant business, industry and financial strengths and risks.
- Assist in production of internal credit / capital market memorandums that detail underwriting requests and various external client pitches.
- Coordinate and assist in the underwriting and syndication of leveraged credit facilities, including the production of marketing materials (bank book, lender slides, rating agency presentation) and the processing of investor requirements.
- Manage the responsibilities of the analyst and additional junior deal-team members.
- Work w/ professionals throughout the organization including Corporate Finance, Coverage, Syndication, Trading & Placement, Ratings Advisory, Account Management and the Risk Department.
Minimum Required Qualifications
The position demands strong analytical, financial analysis, writing and presentation skills. Candidates will be expected to have:
- High level of accounting and debt structuring knowledge, including financial modeling capabilities
- Experience performing detailed credit analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of excel
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at one time
- Capacity to handle potentially intense working hours
- Previous experience in banking or financial services preferred, at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Candidates need to demonstrate that they have execution experience in Senior or High Yield non-investment grade debt underwriting, mezzanine financing, or merger & acquisitions
- Masters of Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 79, 63 and SIE preferred