"Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the BACON?” Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax. The Associate Accountant will be responsible for all inventory related transactions and all inventory related month-end transactions.
- Analyze and resolve all failed goods issue and goods receipt transactions.
- Responsible for the month end reports as it pertains to inventory reconciliation and issuing of orders as well as receipts of orders.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventories in SAP compared to third party warehouses. Create and analyze daily, weekly and/or monthly reports for the team.
- Analyze the weekly Gain and Loss Report, interpret results, and provide explanation of the gains and losses at weekly meetings.
- Review and analyze physical inventory count information provided by 3rd party locations.
- Reconcile inventory quantities at the item, batch, status, and weight level at 3rd party locations.
- Monitor in transit STO's for accrual and timeliness; verify receipts including STO and outside purchase case and weight discrepancies.
- Review raw material invoices for corporate managed items in cold storage.
- Validate warehouse invoices for accuracy.
- Communicate to all levels of the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferred.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access).
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Requires travel, up to 10% of the time.