Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate to be part of the Accounting team at Tempur Sealy. The Associate Accountant's day to day activities will be concentrated within the business unit of Tempur Retail Sales; to include processing all daily transactional items, account reconciliation, preparing journal entries, managing all aspects of Well Fargo financing, credit card transactions and month-end close responsibilities.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Execute daily credit card transaction processing through Vantiv to ensure successful settlement, invoicing and payment posting, process refunds as necessary
* Provide rebuttal to incoming chargebacks, including conducting the necessary research and providing proper support of order confirmation and receipt of merchandise to card-issuing bank
* Resolve credit card transactions that require manual intervention to settle
* Perform monthly reconciliation of credit card transactions and prepare relevant journal entries.
* Execute daily Wells Fargo financing transaction processing to ensure successful settlement, invoicing and payment posting
* Perform monthly reconciliation of Wells Fargo financing transactions and prepare relevant journal entries.
* Effectively manage the TRS Receivables inbox
* Assist in implementing automation projects to promote better efficiencies and reduce manual transactions.
* Identify issues specific to the process and work with appropriate departments to resolve.
* Aid in the testing of new programs, processes, and upgrades as necessary.
* Perform backup functions for accounts receivable daily responsibilities and tasks.
* Complete special projects as required.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Analytical - Synthesizes complex and diverse information
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
* Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and coordinates effectively
* Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
* Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability
* Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures
* Ethics - Keeps commitments
* Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and timely; supports organization's goals and values
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
* Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
* Dependability - Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Internal and External Interfaces:
-Member of Shared Service Accounting organization
* Part of Accounts Receivable team
* Flagship Customer Care team
* Store Associates
* Various other departments as necessary to perform duties
* Third-party agencies
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university
* Minimum of one (1) year of related experience and/or training
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled