The Wonderful Company is recruiting for its Finance and Accounting Rotation Program (FARM) at the Associate Analyst level starting in July of 2019. This program provides you an opportunity to work on #1 brands in an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. This year, rotation participants are directly working with teams in a variety of The Wonderful Company brands: Wonderful Citrus, Justin Vineyards & Winery, Wonderful Orchards, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, FIJI Water, and Teleflora. Each participant is integrated into 2-4 business units during their rotation, giving them a chance to build their accounting, budgeting, and financial planning analysis skills. Our goal is to cross-train excellent candidates in preparation for Analyst level opportunities upon completion of the program within the company. This approximately two-year program will report to the Director, Accounting Special Projects while interacting with different teams, departments, and senior leaders.
Here's what you'll do:
* Prepare accurate monthly management reports to management team, and senior leadership, providing explanations from available information
* Support annual budgeting and forecasting activities
* Perform ad hoc analyses, financial models and reporting of key business metrics
* Perform month-end close activities including but not limited to posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and preparing and making interpretations from available data
* Prepare financial statements (Balance sheet, Income statement, Cash flow, and Lead schedules) for individual reporting units
* Prepare schedules required for monthly, quarterly and year-end internal and external audits (e.g. intercompany confirmations, inventory reconciliations, accounts receivable/payable aging reports)
* Perform ad hoc analysis and reconciliations to support compliance projects such as year-end audit, internal financial reporting to the parent company and tax filings
* Identify improvement opportunities and best practices within business units to report back to supervisor
* Special projects of an accounting and/or financial nature upon request
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills
* Focused, organized, results-oriented and self-driven to achieve goals; strong, dedicated work ethic
* Leadership exemplified in extra-curricular activities
* Interest in working at a socially responsible food and beverage company
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Work life balance.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled