Why Join Altec?
There is an immediate opportunity for an Associate Applications Engineering Technologist. The successful candidate will posses excellent verbal and written communication skills, with focused detail orientation. This individual will be motivated, goal-oriented and persistent, able to work independently with a high level of initiative while also working well in a team environment. Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet required deadlines while also ensuring quality work.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline required; Bachelors preferred.
- Will consider applicants anticipating graduation in May 2019 or December 2019
- Perform Applications work such as drawings, schematics, weight studies, BOM’s and other technical documents; identify when Engineering support is necessary and obtain that support to ensure a quality product
- Create electrical and hydraulics schematics to interface Altec built equipment with OEM supplied chassis
- Analyze Customer’s technical requirements and coordinate across Altec departments and units to determine the most appropriate solution
- Present design solutions for Customers
- Communicate Customer requirements and troubleshoots issues as they arise
- Provide product support, utilizing other technical personnel as needed
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.