Who We Are
Driving Innovation. Together.
A part of a bright future tied to a proud past.
As part of the Toyota family of companies, Toyota Industries Commercial Finance (TICF) creates extraordinary customer experiences through our Brand Promise to be the partner of choice in the commercial finance industry.
Since 1985, TICF has offered an extensive line of commercial financing programs for Toyota forklifts and Hino trucks through our network of Toyota Industrial Equipment and Hino Motor Sales dealers to their customers. Our people-focused team of professionals are constantly striving to provide always better solutions. Because of that we have experienced substantial growth and evolution. We are a new organization with a proud legacy, Are you interested in becoming part of it?
TICF Vision Statement: To be the premier captive finance company that champions Toyota Industries Corporation, Hino Motors and dealers' prosperity.
TICF Mission Statement: Provide financial solutions to sell Toyota Industries, HINO Motors & Dealer products.
As part of the Toyota family of companies, Toyota Commercial Finance (TICF) creates extraordinary customer experiences through our Brand Promise to be the partner of choice in the commercial finance industry.
TICF is a leading provider of financial services, offering an extensive line of financing plans to Toyota customers through participating dealers across the United States. TICF started as a small equipment finance division, and has experienced substantial growth.
Since 1985, TICF has offered a variety of commercial financing programs for Toyota forklifts and Hino trucks through our network of Toyota Industrial Equipment and Hino Motor Sales dealers to their customers. Our focus is to provide proactive financing solutions to help meet the changing needs of the industry.
To continue to successfully support and facilitate our mission, we seek qualified candidates who encompass our core values which include:
TICF Vision Statement: To be the Partner of Choice in the Commercial Finance Industry.
TICF Mission Statement: An extraordinary team of professionals, providing always better solutions,
optimizing sales through partnerships.
TICF Core Values:
* Partnership -- embracing the spirit of collaboration, we stand united to achieve our common goals.
* Performance -- we hold ourselves to the highest standards and value individual
contributions that lead to professional excellence and company results.
* Integrity -- we value each customer by treating them respectfully and earn their
trust through the consistent and ethical treatment of others.
* Customer Focus -- empowered to succeed, we will let nothing stand in the way of being the best by providing flexible, personal, and proactive solutions for our customers.
* Innovation -- we strive to be ahead of the times through endless creativity,
curiosity and pursuit of improvement.
As a junior in-house counsel, the Associate Attorney is responsible for providing legal services to TICF internal business customers ("Client") under the guidance of Corporate Counsel. A high caliber legal resource for the Client, the Associate Attorney will work closely with company executives, group managers, analysts and other business units in TICF. The Associate Attorney will perform a variety of tasks, including responding to legal service requests for commercial lease and loan transactions, legal research, continuous improvement of department procedures, and other projects as assigned.
A successful TICF Associate Attorney is hands-on, dedicated, honest, and possesses integrity. Capable of working both in teams and independently, he or she is versatile and takes initiative in his or her work. She or he will have strong analytical abilities, experience working on general corporate matters, including commercial finance transactions, and knowledge in the area(s) of treasury/funding or financial regulatory compliance. At all times, TICF's business and legal interests are always at the forefront of the Associate Attorney's mind.
* Act as primary attorney for TICF's commercial finance operations regarding commercial finance laws, and lease/loan transactions
* Assist Corporate Counsel in respect to legal issues affecting the Client; draft documents as requested
* Provide updates to, and regularly consult with, Corporate Counsel
* Conduct legal research as needed
* Plan and execute legal projects as assigned
* Perform due diligence on legal matters concerning contracts and agreements
* Advise Client on commercial finance customer contracts, and responsible for creation of, or changes to, documentation
* Negotiate, draft, and approve legal vendor contracts
* Complete legal review of non-legal vendor contracts as required by TICF's Procurement Policy
* Conduct periodic review of TICF's Procurement contract templates and toolkits, and update/revise as needed
* Identify potential legal problems associated with commercial finance leases, loans, and operational processes
* Work closely with Legal Affairs Paralegal and Loss Recovery group to track and monitor recovery actions
* Develop legal strategies for asset recovery that avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
* Assess the legality of certain commercial transactions and advise internal business customers of legal rights and duties
* Support the Compliance Team with analysis of laws, development of policies & procedures, and advising Clients on regulatory and compliance issues affecting the commercial finance/finance industries
Along with fellow department Team Members --
* Develop and provide training programs and materials that establish or improve skills for Client
* Establish tools for Client that result in self-service capabilities and strengthen transactional ownership
Internal Department Management
Support Corporate Counsel with --
* Development and continuous improvement of departmental processes that result in effectiveness and efficiencies
* Identifying gaps in skills within the department
* Strong hands-on experience advising and working on commercial finance transctions
* Expertise in Uniform Commercial Code Articles 2, 2A and 9, and commercial finance laws
* Broad knowledge of one or more practice areas relevant to TICF's operations is a plus: financial laws and regulations, treasury funding programs, real and personal property, labor & employment laws, settlement agreements and workouts
* Understanding of creditor litigation/court procedures, specifically replevin actions and bankruptcy
* Strong analytical skills
* Problem-solver that demonstrates execution of sound judgment, and develops creative solutions on their own
* Solid negotiation, dispute resolution, and contract drafting drafts
* Proficient in legal research
* Exceptional written and verbal communication; communicates effectively and persuasively
* Works well with others in a team environment
* Exemplary organization and time management; can manage many simultaneous work streams, Client and projects under deadline pressure
* Familiarity with Toyota/Lean methodologies a bonus
* Work as part of a busy and lean Legal and Compliance Team
* Successfully represent company interests in negotiatons and dealings, and interact in a professional and persuasive manner with stakeholders, contractors, vendors, and other third parties
* Demonstrate an understanding of the business effect of legal decisions made
* Appropriate and effective interaction with other attorneys and legal professionals
* Develop strong and rewarding relationships in respect to all of the aforelisted interactions.
* Learn on the Fly; willingness to learn new areas of practice and become a well-rounded business attorney
* Ideal candidate will be a high performer, with steadfast attention to detail
* JD from an ABA-approved law school
* Licensed and in good standing with a state bar in one of the 50 US states and/or the District of Columbia; Bar Admission in the state of Texas highly preferred
* At least 2 -- 3 years of proven relevant finance and/or corporate/business experience at a law firm or in an in-house legal position (transactional/contract work, securities law, treasury/funding work, bankruptcy, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance or other related degree ideal
* Proficient knowledge using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and legal systems/applications
Turn Toward Great Benefits
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle lease and purchase program
* Medical, dental and vision insurance (plus more)
* Generously matched 401(k)
* Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
* Open, collaborative work environment
* Opportunities for growth
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We E-Verify.
Hyperlinks to E-Verify posters:
For E-Verify Poster Standard English, Click here opens a pdf file opens a pdf file .
For E-Verify Poster Spanish, Click here opens a pdf file opens a pdf file .
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work English, Click here opens a pdf file opens a pdf file
For E-Verify Native Documents/Right to Work Spanish, Click here
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled