Attorney wanted for growing family law firm.
Experience Wanted & Expected Duties:
I am looking for an attorney to join a small but mighty team. We are wanting to expand, and want to find a candidate that cannot only write the pleadings, but work with our client with heart. A great team player is a must. A successful candidate would ideally start as part-time contracted attorney (but this is negotiable) with the expectation to ramp-up to full-time employee after 120-day probation period. I am looking for someone with one to three years experience in the legal field who understands the importance of the billable hour, but also customer service. I would prefer for the candidate to have family law experience but will consider experience in other areas of the law.
Candidates will be:
- Preparing pleadings, motions (or RFOs), declarations, points and authorities, and all aspects of litigation and discovery.
- Conducting online research.
- Prepare settlement, trial briefs, motion in limine.
- Preparing the lead attorney for trial.
- Meeting billing requirements.
Need to be admitted to California Bar.
After probation period, successful candidate’s salary has potential of reaching $65,000.00+ depending on experience, meeting billing requirements, and work quality.
Please submit resume, references, and writing sample if interested.
Job Type: Contract to Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00+ w/ bonus opportunities
- Family Law: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Math -- must have strong math skills and understand basic finances
Commensurate with experience